New mt09 wolverhampton first bike

jay86jay

Reaction score
Hi just passed my test and jumped in he deep end with an 2015 mt09. Extremely happy with it and feel very comfortable with it. Any advice much appreciated

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
welcome to the forum... advice ? other than don't get caught speeding or wheelying :D
set the preload (rider sag) on the suspension for your weight and set the rebound harder than stock.

forgot... get it flashed (remapped sort of) by Simon / Richie, waiting to get mine done... next week I hope

Last edited:

jay86jay

Reaction score
welcome to the forum... advice ? other than don't get caught speeding or wheelying :D
set the preload (rider sag) on the suspension for your weight and set the rebound harder than stock.

forgot... get it flashed (remapped sort of) by Simon / Richie, waiting to get mine done... next week I hope
is that remapping to sort the statchy thottle because personally i havnt had any problems. probably because im riding like a fanny but no problems as of yet

Deadhead

Reaction score
Advice:
Better to be late in this life than early into the next..REMEMBER THAT, so take it easy! You have a sweet ride, it's powerful BUT with no safety net(trackion control, anti wheelie etc) except for possibly ABS so be smooth, ride within your limits and the bikes!. Get the usual accessories to make the bike your own..mirrors, tail tidy and rim stickers etc. If you want to improve the handling look at the number of suspension options out there. Outside of that I hope you have an absolute blast on it, it's a fabulous first bike, please don't make it your last..

jay86jay

Reaction score
Advice:
Better to be late in this life than early into the next..REMEMBER THAT, so take it easy! You have a sweet ride, it's powerful BUT with no safety net(trackion control, anti wheelie etc) except for possibly ABS so be smooth, ride within your limits and the bikes!. Get the usual accessories to make the bike your own..mirrors, tail tidy and rim stickers etc. If you want to improve the handling look at the number of suspension options out there. Outside of that I hope you have an absolute blast on it, it's a fabulous first bike, please don't make it your last..
i went for the ABS ( only needs to stop you once and its paid for its self ) . yeah i have no intention of going beyond my limits. this bike has been purchaced only for the enjoyment of riding, not trying to become the next rossi every time i jump on her. only done 200 mile on her so i have alot to learn

Fluke

Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome aboard.
Blimey, an MT09 as a first bike is a bold move, good luck!
Re advice, as a novice, you may not appreciate the difference that improving the suspension will make until you've done it but it will make a difference.
Ditto with the re-mapping.
Otherwise, enjoy and remember to stay on the black and between the green.

jay86jay

Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome aboard.
Blimey, an MT09 as a first bike is a bold move, good luck!
Re advice, as a novice, you may not appreciate the difference that improving the suspension will make until you've done it but it will make a difference.
Ditto with the re-mapping.
Otherwise, enjoy and remember to stay on the black and between the green.
yeah a bit bold, was worried about taking her out for the first time but after 10 mins that was gone and i dont regret making the decision to purchace an mt09 . i know what you mean about not appreciating the differance untill i do it as obviously i have nothing to compare it to. once i have all my guards and bobbings on i will deffently look into the suspension and re-mapping in the near future

groundhog

Reaction score
yeah a bit bold, was worried about taking her out for the first time but after 10 mins that was gone and i dont regret making the decision to purchace an mt09 . i know what you mean about not appreciating the differance untill i do it as obviously i have nothing to compare it to. once i have all my guards and bobbings on i will deffently look into the suspension and re-mapping in the near future
Enjoy your bike mate. You can ride any bike as fast or as slow as you want and it sounds like you appreciate the power you have at your disposal, so just ride at a pace you are comfortable with and you will be fine. Enjoy

Fluke

Reaction score
Guards and bobbins are a great first move, good thinking:D

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Welcome... A wolvo rider... 10 miles from me (Dudley) Will be looking out for the orange one zipping around..

Your extremely brave jumping to MT09, but I pretty much did the same... Passed my test in 91 on rg125, upgraded to tzr250, sold the lot in 94, then last year rode MT.. End of.. 20 years off riding straight on to this animal...

Best bike I've ever owned to be honest!

emptyoh9

Reaction score
They are awesome bikes mate. You'll have a riot on it, i know loads of people have said it but it's an animals at times i threw mine down the road after 6 weeks :( maybe i have the touch of a rapist M'eh dunno... I'd get bobbins for sure... Just go enjoy it dude!!