new owner from brighton

dan martin

Reaction score
hellol everyone passed my bike test 2 weeks ago and went out saturday and bought an 09, wow im in love, learned on the 07 and went in to yamaha and saw the 09 and thought thats the bike for me, anyway found my 2015 bike on ebay and very happy with it, LOOKING FOR NEW BIKER FRIENDS,LOL

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Congrats on the pass, you'd better get out of those 20mph zones if you want to have fun.

I recommend a ride from one end of the a272 to the other, but watch out with that throttle there's usually a few police about on nice days. Rye harbour is also a popular meeting point but i wouldn't take the a259 from brighton to rye, it's shit, head up north east then cut down through the high weald, much nicer.

dan martin

Reaction score
ha ha yeah 20mph round here but thats cool, still getting use to the bike. had a hour thismorning before the rain which was good, rye on a sunny dat sounds a good ride. bike i have has some very nice add ons like full ohlins suspension front and rear, full aprok exhaust, tail tidy,l.e.d lights and thats what im aware of anyway. exhaust is so loud and pops which is nice, scared of the throttle at the min tho,lol looking foward to some good weather

dan martin

Reaction score
Welcome, and enjoy the new bike Dan.
thanks mate, i do however have a question. my bike is so loud am i gonna get it poo with the mr plod? has full aprok exhaust and pops and bangs on down shift or even just letting of the throttle,lol any idea what the legal db limit is?

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Dan, does the exhaust have the baffle fitted? i.e. can you see three small pipes coming out the end or is it just one big hole?

It is pretty loud without. But with the cat and baffle fitted it's fully road legal.

Not sure on the current official db limit as it's always been in my experience down the the attitude and opinion of the officer you happen to be pulled by.

I tend to carry my little E.U. certificate of compliance that came with the akra under the seat.

I know plenty of guys who run their bikes with straight through exhausts but i found that little old ladys were keeling over in my wake so i put my baffle back in.

Last edited:

dan martin

Reaction score
Dan, does the exhaust have the baffle fitted? i.e. can you see three small pipes coming out the end or is it just one big hole?

It is pretty loud without. But with the cat and baffle fitted it's fully road legal.

Not sure on the current official db limit as it's always been in my experience down the the attitude and opinion of the officer you happen to be pulled by.

I tend to carry my little E.U. certificate of compliance that came with the akra under the seat.

I know plenty of guys who run their bikes with straight through exhausts but i found that little old ladys were keeling over in my wake so i put my baffle back in.
lol, my baffels are in the exhaust (the 3 round holes) yes but seems loud to me, maybe cos im just coming from a car to bike and just not use to it, i do like it as cars can hear me before they see me but just want to stay clean from the fuzz,
also not sure mine has a cat fitted as its the whole system from the engine

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Well i wouldn't worry about the cat, and if you think the akra is loud with the baffle in....try it without, it's a real teeth rattler.

The cat sits in where the downpipes join onto the backbox and you wouldn't be able to tell if it's there or not unless you separate the system, i most certainly have mine fitted....honest. :)