New recall for the MT09 and Tracer

pavc

Reaction score
Picked this up on the tracer page of Facebook, if it's true it looks like there's going to be a recall on the triple cylinder 900's. In that the lower part of the handle bar retainers have to much paint on them and allows the nuts to come loose. From the Asia web page details of the recall are shown.

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION FROM HONG LEONG YAMAHA MOTOR TO ALL MT-09 AND MT-09 TRACER OWNERS- Press Release - News and Events - Welcome to Hong Leong Yamaha

Apparently there is to much paint on item 13, allows the nuts to come loose item 14.

https://www.ajsutton.co.uk/genuineparts/26039/25/yamaha-mt09-tracer-abs-2015/steering?uID=0

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Good find.

Just spoken with my Yam dealer who say's no recall issued yet on European models. However...

Just had a look, the nuts looks fairly easily accessible from below with a long extension bar so if they are correct at the dealers in telling me the torque is 7nm I think i'll twizzle them off and re-assemble with a dab of blue threadlock just in case. Thanks pavc for the warning.

pavc

Reaction score
Had a look at mine earlier, looks easier just to undo the nuts and re-loctite them, rather than replacing the risers.

pavc

Reaction score
Looks like the recalls are in the UK post, pinched photo from somewhere else.

yam recall.jpg

Shaun64

Reaction score
Got mine today,but was told last week when rang to book service,dealer said they had just got to know.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Why wait on your dealer contacting you or Yamaha letter that can go missing in the post. Just go to the Yamaha EU website click on the link as posted and enter your bikes VIN number and you will get all recall and modifications straight from the horses mouth, this is especially useful if you have either moved or bought your bike second hand. Hope this is of use , it was to me as my bike was not new to me and atthe time I lived in Spain.

- Yamaha Motor UK

Last edited:

bikeral

Reaction score
Yup. Got my letter today from Yamaha so will get it booked in

Kinjane

Reaction score
Can't even loosen mine, although they been there for almost 3yrs without problem.
Photos of the 'countermeasure parts' most welcome... ;)

pavc

Reaction score
A pic I borrowed from some where else, the owner said he was cornering at 50 mph when the stud fell out.

stud loose.jpg

chump

Reaction score
got mine. contacted dealer. waiting for them to get parts.

Tommy

Reaction score
Just checked mine on the yamaha website, it includes the new models too, I only had mine delivered last week ffs

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Well looks as if Yamaha are doing a recall on all MT09's over this lower handle bar defect or would appear to be? My bike is an early one and have checked the Yamaha site and entered my VIN and it is now on the list, funny I checked the list last week and it was not on but today it is.

Watty2017

Reaction score
Well looks as if Yamaha are doing a recall on all MT09's over this lower handle bar defect or would appear to be? My bike is an early one and have checked the Yamaha site and entered my VIN and it is now on the list, funny I checked the list last week and it was not on but today it is.
Same happened to me but it changed on the same day I.e. In morning not on list and by afternoon appeared on list.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I was in my local yam dealer today( I live in France )not for this but I mentioned this to them and he hit the Yam EU site, entered my VIN and yes it was within the recall. Suggestion was as a 2013 bike leave it until next annual service is due , unless you are concerned about this. Personally I am not concerned I hav enough engineering skills about me to deal with this myself.

Watty2017

Reaction score
Good on you and I have contacted dealer who has ordered parts and will call when they are in, not good reflection on Yamaha, although to be fair to them I had a recalls on a Triumph and Ducati bikes that I used to own, so not just Yamaha who have issues.