New recall for the MT09 and Tracer

Watty2017

Reaction score
Good on you and I have contacted dealer who has ordered parts and will call when they are in, not good reflection on Yamaha, although to be fair to them I had a recalls on a Triumph and Ducati bikes that I used to own, so not just Yamaha who have issues.
Great quick response from Alf England in Bedworth as I called them on Monday, parts ordered, theycalled me today as parts are now in and I am booked in for tomorrow to have recall work completed. Great service from dealers.

bobh

Reaction score
I was in my local yam dealer today( I live in France )not for this but I mentioned this to them and he hit the Yam EU site, entered my VIN and yes it was within the recall. Suggestion was as a 2013 bike leave it until next annual service is due , unless you are concerned about this. Personally I am not concerned I hav enough engineering skills about me to deal with this myself.
So that'll be a Gallic shrug, then! Love the French pragmatism.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
lol no it was me really who suggested I leave it. I was actually in about getting a new certificate of conformity as my bike is actually on Spanish plates. I have been pushing my luck now for a year since I left Spain. What prompted me to get the bike on French plates was this!!! The guy that bought my house in Spain sent me a text saying he had received a letter from Traffico ( Spanish traffic police /authority) usually it means I have been, done, for some traffic violation in Spain. Seeing as I was down in Spain on the bike having a blast I thought feck been pinged. Anyway no it was not that. It was Yamaha doing a search for me as they could not contact me about the recall. My bike was not new to me so!!! Well done Yamaha for going the extra mile to locate second hand owners of the MT09. I wonder how many other makers would go to so much trouble to find you. Let's face it a Yamaha dealer will still bill Yamaha EU for there time to do this check.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Got the letter too, spoke to dealer and hope to fix it at 40K km "big" service..
I've done hundrends of wheelies so no prob...
The prob it may could happens after extremely tightening of the bolt IMO, so don't worry to have o loose bolt than an overtightened..

deadb0y

Reaction score
As with all dealer work. Check the work your dealer does on this recall. When I got mine back two of the four bolts had barely been done up..!

andz

Reaction score
I entered my VIN and it said it is not in the affected range for modification.

I would hope not, considering I have had it less than a month.

tezzer

Reaction score
Mines a '17 model tracer 900. I asked the dealers about this when I picked it up new in May, and was told that it was not affected. Just put the VIN onto the Yamaha checker and it says that it IS in the range. Back on to the dealers this morning when they open !

woodie100

Reaction score
How do I go about checking if my Tracer needs this recall? Not had it long its a 2016 MT09 Tracer.

JonB

Last edited:

woodie100

Reaction score
When the dealer replaced the oil cooler under warranty, they stated that they had also done the handlebar recall at the same time so can only presume it relates to the above?

JonB