New Screen

Tommy

Reaction score
Just fitted the Ermax Sport Screen today, looks tidy. Gives a good bit of protection from windblast too. Very happy with it.
screen1.jpgscreen2.jpgscreen3.jpgscreen4.jpg

WhiteTrain09

Reaction score
Hey T nice looking screen. Did you look at larger ones or is this a nice all round size? Did you get it online or through a dealer?
James

JohnB

Reaction score
My eyes water very easily in any sort of wind-blast. I found that the the Powerbronze fly-screen directed air into my eyes as soon as I cracked the visor open.
I have now fitted just about the biggest screen I could find, a "universal" Givi two-part AF49 Airflow (+D45 fitting kit), apart from the extremely expensive MadStad item. I can now ride with the visor opened at, say, 40 mph with no discomfort. I will put up with any resulting turbulence at motorway speeds, but have yet to try this out.
The upper screen is height-adjustable or can be quickly removed for more airflow (or both parts removed completely with just 4 screws). Screen is shown fully extended.
It might ruin the lines of the bike but it is better then being unable to see where one is going.
The eagle-eyed will notice that I am waiting for a spare part to come from Givi to replace the temporary washer - my fault for leaving the fittings too loose on the trial run.
I must emphasize that I had several attempts at fitting this so-called "universal" screen and the fittings supplied for 22mm handlebars within the kit definitely do not suit the MT-09 with 22/28 mm bars. However the experimenting and "cussing" will be worth it in the long run.
P.S. Sorry about the bins in the picture!
IMG_3160.JPG

Last edited:

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Looks like it's designed to fit around a round headlight.

Personal opinion is it looks the most fugley thing anyones attached to a bike ;)

But if it works for you that's the most important thing :)

JohnB

Reaction score
Looks like it's designed to fit around a round headlight.

Personal opinion is it looks the most fugley thing anyones attached to a bike ;)

But if it works for you that's the most important thing :)
To appreciate the "beauty" of a screen one has to ride behind it, not look at it from the front.

Last edited: