New seat and tail light

bumpyride

Reaction score
After being fobbed off that i couldnt fit a 2017 MT 09 comfort seat to my 2016 model by the Y-shop, Managed to get one from else where. All good fits just as bad as the original ( a bit loose) but looks heaps better, a tad higher and slightly wider, felt weird to begin with but its a big improvement on the ironing board stock one. cost $330 with postage. Also decided to fit the Rizoma tail light to get rid of the old fuggly one. Real bright fits neatly away, the old light had one good use it held my tail bag in place, have got around that i think. WIN_20170527_14_54_38_Pro.jpgWIN_20170527_15_33_24_Pro.jpgWIN_20170527_15_33_16_Pro.jpgWIN_20170527_14_54_24_Pro.jpgironing board seat.jpg

MikeDutt5

Reaction score
After being fobbed off that i couldnt fit a 2017 MT 09 comfort seat to my 2016 model by the Y-shop, Managed to get one from else where. All good fits just as bad as the original ( a bit loose) but looks heaps better, a tad higher and slightly wider, felt weird to begin with but its a big improvement on the ironing board stock one. cost $330 with postage. Also decided to fit the Rizoma tail light to get rid of the old fuggly one. Real bright fits neatly away, the old light had one good use it held my tail bag in place, have got around that i think. View attachment 4760View attachment 4761View attachment 4762View attachment 4763View attachment 4764
I was looking at the 2017 seat and the dealer said the same to me, got a bagster one now though.
Out of curiosity what is the difference in fitting it?

bumpyride

Reaction score
Hi MikeDutt5 there was no difference in the seats at all for fitting, the underneath is identical, the only difference is the 2017 seat is thicker and isnt tapered at the front like the stock. i decided to go for one after reading a forum from the USA and guys over there were fitting the seat to anything from the 2014 onward. and some mentioned that they think Yamaha dosent want us to know it fits , so if we want genuine Yamaha we have to by the old so called comfort seat. funny enough over here the old style is more expensive. Don't know if everyone with MT 09 found the stock seat never fitted perfect this also has a slight bit of movement when you wiggle it but will suss out and fix that small issue. cheers

Seadoc

Reaction score
I like that seat ! Where did you get it from, Bumpyride? We still have stock issues from Yamaha NZ so it looks like I will have to get one from overseas. Yamaha NZ have it on their website at NZ$ 325

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Dealer should know better... the 2017 seat will fit previous 2013-16 versions, the seat fitted shit to start with and there have been some simple mods on here to help a better fit.. the seat is 5mm higher than old version.. there has also been a For Sale post where a dealer said it fits all previous models.... I have a Shad seat and can honestly say... better than any oem seat i have plonked my arse on.

bumpyride

Reaction score
Hi Seadoc got the seat from Excite Motorsports off their website. Took ages to get (about a month )have herd Yamaha are having trouble getting parts lately, i was told this by a dealer in gold coast this week. the seat is heaps better and i have sorted the slight looseness out. if you can order it from NZ Yamaha at that price go for it but it may take a few weeks. i paid $330 AU dollars delivered. :)