New to forum

bumpyride

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to say hi to all fellow MT09 riders, just got my bike back last Tuesday after in early December a kind gent decided to rear end me at the traffic lights, Not happy, lost the bike for 5 weeks we had loads of rides planned for xmas, Only got the bike in September and had been riding every weekend and the odd commute to work.love the bike to death. Have fitted some new bling to the bike and shes looking awesome, was so happy to take it up Mount tambourine yesterday morning, temp was a bit sticky at 34 but still had a good ride, although the fun police were crawling everywhere. As an expat from the UK its great to be able to ride all year round, so many great roads coastal and mountain roads and rides within an hour or two of home. Gotta say the best bike i have owned so far so much fun, Have ridden my husbands BMW s1000r although its an awesome bike i do prefer the MT09's riding position, At the moment i wouldnt know what to change it to in the future im not sold on the look of the 2017 model yet it may grow on me. Past bikes were all different i wasnt struck on the suzuki sv650s i had in the UK couldnt get on with the seating position, but riding over here ive put it NOT down to the bike but the restrictive leathers i wore great to be able to get more comfortable riding gear now. I do love the naked bikes best though. ;)

bumpyride

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome

HI thanks for welcoming me, As much as i love the UK and it will always be home i dont miss the winters. :rolleyes:

Seadoc

Reaction score
Hi All, I am new to the forum, have been lurking for a while. The MT-09 brought me out of motorcycling retirement forced on me since I shifted my family from South Africa to New Zealand 16 years ago. I started riding at age 13 ( illegally!) on a 50cc Fizzy and worked my way up through 12 bikes including Yam RD350, Kaw Z650, Honda VFR 750, Yam XS 11, FZR 1000 and R1. It is great to be back in the saddle after such a long time and I am really enjoying my 2016 MT. New Zealand has some great biking roads and I am looking forward to learning more about the MT from the very knowledgeable members on this forum.
I am picking up a new 2017 model tomorrow after a 2 week delay in the shipping from Japan!

bumpyride

Reaction score
hey Seadoc, defiantly want to here how you go with it keep us posted, can imagine the roads over there are awesome, havent had chance to visit NZ yet but it is on our list of must dos, pretty lucky here to some great mountain roads round brissy, came from UK in east Anglia and its pretty flat, so love my weekend rides got lots of new roads to explore, Have to get out early in mornings as we are hitting 35+ most days very sticky, have a good ride tomorrow stay safe. :cool:

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Hi All, I am new to the forum, have been lurking for a while. The MT-09 brought me out of motorcycling retirement forced on me since I shifted my family from South Africa to New Zealand 16 years ago. I started riding at age 13 ( illegally!) on a 50cc Fizzy and worked my way up through 12 bikes including Yam RD350, Kaw Z650, Honda VFR 750, Yam XS 11, FZR 1000 and R1. It is great to be back in the saddle after such a long time and I am really enjoying my 2016 MT. New Zealand has some great biking roads and I am looking forward to learning more about the MT from the very knowledgeable members on this forum.
I am picking up a new 2017 model tomorrow after a 2 week delay in the shipping from Japan!
Welcome Seadoc!
Enjoy the forum and your new "toy"..