New to the MT-09 will get it this week!!

kzxr

Reaction score
Had a go on a XSR900 and fell in love with that engine!!

Can't wait to get hold of my MT on Saturday or maybe sooner!

Mark
Redditch

kzxr

Reaction score
Pics, hope this works!

reduced2.jpgreduced1.jpg

Pics of my new baby, should be picking it up on Saturday!!

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. It's an awesome bike. There's some improvements that really suit it (as with anything), but you'll love it.

kzxr

Reaction score
Colour

Nice one. And in the best colour too.
The others just didn't do it for me, this one was parked with the accessories away from the rest, was a dealer special with all the extras, luggage, crash protection, centre stand, tank bag, etc, I just really liked the look of it.

highlander

Reaction score
Welcome, l like the look of the mini luggage. Have brew and a browse... Fair few things to read here

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

RMWL

Reaction score
Are you having it from Motorcycle Mart in Kidderminster by any chance?

If so... very nice bike and I've seen it in the flesh !

ps Hello all, another new member & prospective MT-09 purchaser here .....

kzxr

Reaction score
Are you having it from Motorcycle Mart in Kidderminster by any chance?

If so... very nice bike and I've seen it in the flesh !

ps Hello all, another new member & prospective MT-09 purchaser here .....

Yes that's the one!!
I tried the MT07 and my mate had the XSR900. Really enjoyed the 07 but wasn't keen on the feel of the twin having been on fours for so long, on the way back we swapped and I was hooked.
I've had my 600 Ninja from new, 19 years !! Never thought I'd part with it and if I'd had the 07 I would've kept it but the 900 is just so addictive, I'm totally smitten and they did me a really good deal on the Ninja!!

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I bought mine from Motorcycle Mart in Kidderminster in October. Of all the Yamaha dealers holding stock of ABS models in Blazing Orange, they offered the best deal. And threw in R&G tail tidy and delivery to London.

kzxr

Reaction score
Found them really good to deal with, very easy going, we only popped in for a look and ended up out playing on their demo bikes. Really pleased with the deal they've done for me!

RMWL

Reaction score
Yes that's the one!!
I tried the MT07 and my mate had the XSR900. Really enjoyed the 07 but wasn't keen on the feel of the twin having been on fours for so long, on the way back we swapped and I was hooked.
I've had my 600 Ninja from new, 19 years !! Never thought I'd part with it and if I'd had the 07 I would've kept it but the 900 is just so addictive, I'm totally smitten and they did me a really good deal on the Ninja!!
Certainly is a small world and what a coincidence. Maybe worth an extra punt on the lotto this week and then its a certainty I'll be back to the dealers!

Nice to hear of some positive experiences with dealers, reputation / word of mouth counts for a lot. I've scouted round the usual few in these parts when passing over the last couple of weeks and can't say any of them have me keen on returning apart from MM, so hopefully when I'm ready they'll do me a good deal too!

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
...I've scouted round the usual few in these parts when passing over the last couple of weeks and can't say any of them have me keen on returning apart from MM, so hopefully when I'm ready they'll do me a good deal too!
I paid £6700 in October for a new '65 plate ABS, from MM. Not only were they the best price by £200, they also offered the best trade-in price, again by £200. They're keen to shift units. I'm reliably informed that although there's viritually no mark-up on the bikes themselves (wholesale and retail prices are dictated by Yamaha similar to that of a 'tied' pub), the more bikes they shift, the better they can reduce their wholesale cost from Yamaha.

Last edited:

kzxr

Reaction score
Feeling you've had a good deal and good service are all that matters, and I'm more than happy so far!

kzxr

Reaction score
Good enough to make me part with my Ninja after 19 years!! lol never thought I'd see the day!

kzxr

Reaction score
One thing I didn't look at, does the seat come off easily and is there any room under there? I take it the usual basic tool kit is there somewhere!

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
There's a lock underneath, towards the rear. The seat lifts off to reveal the electrics and a little tray of about 4" x 4" and about 1" deep, in addition to the basic tool kit.