New Tracer Owner

chrisH

Reaction score
Evening all, just joined after buying myself a Tracer. Middle aged lifelong biker. I have to be honest, I wasn't looking for a Tracer but started reading up on them after seeing a highish mileage (23,000) model on EBay. The reviews sounded great, and having had a few Triumph Triples over the years and loving the engines, I went for it. So far so good. The bike has done less than two winters and is showing some evidence. It was used as a commuter. The exhaust is grim to say the least. Most of the bike has faired well due to being ACF50'd.
Still has a couple of months warranty so I'm going to put a claim in for the exhaust and see what happens. The headstock bearings are just beginning to feel a bit of wear too. Surprising at that mileage? Anyway the bike suits me and I'm looking forward to getting some miles in when the weather picks up. Cheers. Chris.

Unfazed

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I bought a tracer last year to replace a VFR1200 and I'm really pleased with it. I've got a Mk2 Fazer for winter duties so the tracer stays cuddled up in the garage in the winter months..

bloggsy

Reaction score
Evening all, just joined after buying myself a Tracer. Middle aged lifelong biker. I have to be honest, I wasn't looking for a Tracer but started reading up on them after seeing a highish mileage (23,000) model on EBay. The reviews sounded great, and having had a few Triumph Triples over the years and loving the engines, I went for it. So far so good. The bike has done less than two winters and is showing some evidence. It was used as a commuter. The exhaust is grim to say the least. Most of the bike has faired well due to being ACF50'd.
Still has a couple of months warranty so I'm going to put a claim in for the exhaust and see what happens. The headstock bearings are just beginning to feel a bit of wear too. Surprising at that mileage? Anyway the bike suits me and I'm looking forward to getting some miles in when the weather picks up. Cheers. Chris.
I wouldn't hold my breath on putting in a warranty claim for ''A grim Exhaust System'' But keep us all posted

chrisH

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath on putting in a warranty claim for ''A grim Exhaust System'' But keep us all posted
When I say grim this pipe has red rust headers, you would not believe it's done less than two winters. Can't seem to drag the pic into the box so you'll have to take my word for it, but it's BAD!