New wheel needed

salad_dodger

Reaction score
After hitting a piece of 4" x 4" fence post that some nice lorry driver dropped right in front of me on the motorway, I am now in need of a new front wheel. Can anyone suggest where the best place to get one is please? Fowlups have quoted me a shade over £500. Does that sound about right or what?

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Did you actually see the lorry part company with the 4x4? If so and you got his details ask them to cover the costs.
A few years back I had a wagon lost his spare wheel. It fell off and got flipped up by his rear wheels right into the front end of my week old Merc c200. He pulled over to the hard shoulder (M6) as I did. At first he was in denial until the police turned up. The wheel was recovered from the carriage way. I asked the police were I stood and they told me I could have him/ his company done for failure to maintain a vehicle in a road worthy condition and apply for costs and recovery as my shinny new merc was not going anywhere under its own power.
My insurance company fought my corner and it went down a s a no blame claim, the wagon operator/owners stumped up. Cost of repairs was in excess of £3000, that was in 2001.
There was still a sting in the tail though as when I went to trade the car in for a new one the Merc dealer would not take it in part ex. Not sure what they called it in those days but classified as a Cat B and they will not? entertain having it on there forecourt for resale. Good luck