bikergirl400

Reaction score
Newbie here and I've just placed an order for a new Tracer!! Super excited however not available until May/June. Not sure how I'm going to hold out that long!!

Test rode the bike on Monday and just loved it and a fab upgrade from my little VFR 400 I currently have. :)

Fluke

Reaction score
Newbie here and I've just placed an order for a new Tracer!! Super excited however not available until May/June. Not sure how I'm going to hold out that long!!

Test rode the bike on Monday and just loved it and a fab upgrade from my little VFR 400 I currently have. :)
Hi Biker girl and welcome aboard
Where in London are you?

Swagger

Reaction score
Welcome aboard kiddo ... that's a heck of long time to wait.

STMTRACER

Reaction score

Try Wigan Yamaha delivered my new Tracer to my dooor and beat price of local dealer too and had all colors in stock:D

groundhog

Reaction score
Try Wigan Yamaha delivered my new Tracer to my dooor and beat price of local dealer too and had all colors in stock:D
Or try Crescent Yamaha in Bournemouth I got mine from there and they seem to have a supply - May/June is a long time to wait, so may be worth a try !!

bikergirl400

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm South East in Bromley ?
I've ordered the bike through P&H in Crawley and it's my own fault as deposited beginning of the year but cancelled!
Going for the grey with the Akrapovic exhaust which seems to be more rare in availability. Hopefully they can swap an allocation and get it sooner. I work with cars so I now know how it feels when my customers have to wait!! It's painful already!!!
Thinking of getting a givi rack as already have bags, any thoughts on other accessories?

bikergirl400

Reaction score
I know the salesman there so Im hoping he can pull some strings. I'd feel bad going elsewhere!!

groundhog

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to sort out a decent seat or have yours modified with something other than the wood plank used as a filling for the stock one :D Opinions do seem to vary though, some seem happy with the stock seat as I was on the test ride as I was too busy grinning and dribbling to notice anything other than how much I was grinning and dribbling ! but a few hundred miles later, for me at least, something has to be done.

You might want to check out the various posts about the screen too, you will find them on the Tracer section. I am thinking of going for a Powerbronze or Ermax lower screen which it seems will lessen the wind noise (maybe at the expense of body wind protection) which most of us seem to be suffering with to some degree or another.

I'm sure others will have suggestions and ideas but for now keep dreaming of that bike and hope you get it sooner rather than later :)

bikergirl400

Reaction score
Yeh I too found myself enjoying the ride so much to notice the seat or anything else. As soon as I have a date I'll be booking a weekend away somewhere so that'll tell me what changes I need to make. I did notice how annoying the screen was but I think it was the touring one on there and I got used to it after a while. First thing to go is the tail tidy! I'm also not really keen on how the front end looks with the plasticky side panels so hoping touratech will maybe do some accesories or something. Also looking forward to a big trip somewhere this summer since I'll have the bike to do it on. Still deciding on where to go for honeymoon, can't decide on touring spain or heading to Romania/Slovenia way.... Watch this space ?

groundhog

Reaction score
Yes a long trip will sort out what feels right and what doesn't ! Tail tidy was my first job too. Wherever you go on the honeymoon have a good trip :)

bikergirl400

Reaction score
Turns out a bike has been found and has my name on it!
Collection next Saturday ?

misscrabstick

Reaction score
yayyyy I am not the only girl anymore! welcome, I am often in Bromley/Chislehurst area myself as my bloke lives there! I ride an orange Mt 09

bikergirl400

Reaction score
Really, there are loads of girls on bikes I know in the area?! Can meet up sometime if you like, there are local meets on a Wednesday/Friday eve. I'll be out alot more when I get the bike ?

Nippess.

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I am in process of changing my R1200R BMW for an MT 09; I found a nice second hand one last week and took the plunge! It has lots of goodies already fitted as per my wish list originally, and I can't wait...??? Just getting paperwork sorted. Really good to see there ARE other lady MT riders in UK!