No indicators - Ignition issue

MTom

Reaction score
More of a heads up really.

I was riding into work this morning and noticed straight away my indicators weren't working. I only work five miles away so i thought it was just a fuse (even though the horn etc.. was working). I pulled up at work and the bike just cut out like id hit the kill switch.
Looked at the key and it wasnt fully in the on position but half worked. Good job it didn't cut out on my ride really.

Turned the key fully to on and the indicators came back to life. Never had this happen in 8k miles on bikes but may be a more common thing?!?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I was riding into work this morning and noticed straight away my indicators weren't working. I only work five miles away so i thought it was just a fuse (even though the horn etc.. was working). I pulled up at work and the bike just cut out like id hit the kill switch.
Looked at the key and it wasnt fully in the on position but half worked. Good job it didn't cut out on my ride really.

Turned the key fully to on and the indicators came back to life. Never had this happen in 8k miles on bikes but may be a more common thing?!?
Rider error lol. Just kidding [emoji15]

Mat Still

Reaction score

Had this happen to me, something to do with the ignition key not being in 100%....easiest solution for me is to always park the bike with the steering lock on, as if the keys not 100% in you won't get the steering lock off!

Regards
Mat

bingowatts

Reaction score
Happened to me while overtaking at 70 mph +. Bike turned itself off but i managed to get back to the side safely. Took me a while to figure out what the problem was, so i always make sure it,s fully turned on now.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yamaha should be formally made aware of this matter. It could get someone hurt or worse. Perhaps the administrators could notify them.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
They monitor this forum and I can promise you that unless people die through it and probably a few, statistical expenses and profits mean they won't do a thing about it.

Treble

Reaction score
Hah,bike died on me today.
Was accelerating,chucked in 3rd gear,and let the clutch out-and dead.
I just popped in the clutch,rolled off to the side and started it up again.
First time it has happened to me.