No rear brake light

Nippess.

Reaction score
A little advice please..just done my first ride of the year, bike stored in my garage. Front brake operates the rear light, but not when I try rear on its own. All other lights, indicators, horn fine. Anything else I can do, or is it visit dealer? Thanks in advance.

Sven

Reaction score
Probably just the switch has got a bit sticky from not being used. Tried mine last week for the first time this year & mine wasn’t working either. After stamping on the brake pedal 10-20 times it started working again. If that didn’t sort it, i would have tried pulling the spring which connects between pedal/switch or a wiggle of the switch or a squirt of wd40. Worth a try before taking it to a dealer.

Nippess.

Reaction score
Thank you, Sven...I did put some WD 40 around the area yesterday. Next I’ll spend more time trying your other tips and let you know the outcome.

Nippess.

Reaction score
Hmmm...tried working out on the pedal, WD40 around moving parts. The small spring is connected ok. The switch is covered by a rubber cover and squirted WD40 up there but can’t get closer to switch. Anything else I can try?? Thanks!

Nippess.

Reaction score
Got the switch working again today by pulling the spring to loosen it, then inserted some WD40 and a bit of copper slip. Seems ok now, see how long for. Thank you for the advice ��