Off on another tour

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Heading off on another trip on Friday Lot et Garonne, France were I live to Charleville-Mezieres up near the Belgium & Luxembourg border. Meeting up with a group of lads I know from the Z1000sx forum , we have been touring usually twice a year now since 2011. Should be 16 in the group they come from all over the Uk N Ireland , Scotland Wales & England. After the weekend 3 of us are heading onto Baden Baden in Germany for a few days fun. looking forward to it. Will hopefully post a few photo's and maybe a bit of video footage to bore you all with.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Have a good time lew, how do you rate your mt09 against the Kawasaki 1000sx? I had a look round the new Kawasaki z900 the other day the finish looks really good and the trellis frame is smart,you also look to be sat in the bike which looks to offer some weather protection.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Shaun ,I had the early SX 2011 model from new,, amazing bike and so much fun. I would never have sold it but for the fact it was heavy and the state of my knees etc !! I used to live in Spain and a lad was doing work for me in the villa. I told him to crack on and ignore the bike. We did a deal and he bought it off me for a silly price+ he worked the week for nothing.
He owned for a week and binned it .
I would say at my time in life, the 09 is ideal. When I come to trade I reckon I will replace it with the Tracer.
There is enough fun and power in the wee triple to hound the likes of those on a 1 ltr bike to embarrass a lot of folk.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
nice one Lew, if you haven't seen these places already, when you head to baden baden nip up through luxembourg via esch-sur-sure, vianden and follow the border down through echternach, nice roads. the porta nigra at trier is worth a look too.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the pics, have a great trip. Trier is a great place to visit, stayed several times with the bike :D

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Big disappointment last weekend 24 hours before I was due to head off my best mate was knocked off his BMW, usual shit sorry did not see you mate. Thankfully he was only knocked about a bit no broken bones. 8 month old bike a write off. Him not going and the weather forecast for the weekend was rubbish so I cancelled. Disappointed out the 16 that were supposed to go 8 pulled out. Well those that went were only doing the French leg and really I was only interested in the German leg , ah well always next year.
We have already booked a meet up in North Wales 3rd weekend in September.

Shaun64

Reaction score
It's a shame lew but at least your mate ok,you could sort out a trip for mt'09 & tracer owners around France to make up for your missed trip if you fancy it?.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Shaun I am meeting up with Dwarfy a new forum member who lives out here this coming Friday, I may put forward a suggestion and post it on here about a potential meet. I did try last year to get something going but there was not a lot of interest shown. Lets face it though how many do you need to have a meet?

Shaun64

Reaction score
It would be good to meet up in France but it probably difficult to sort everyone out but it's something to think about.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Well how about Charleville-Mezieres, it is about a 3 &1/2 run from Calais and I still have a hotel booking there which they would not refund but did offer a later booking free of charge!!! Or if you fancy joining up with our group in September weekend 21st>23rd at the Qakeleyarms.co.uk which is in North Wales. There will be at least 2 MT09's and a Tracer there for sure. Let me know and I will put your name forward, do it ASAP as the hotel /cottages are going fast so far we have about 16 bikes for that run.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Lew but I am on a cruise in September around those dates and I am just back from Scotland so abit soon to be away again but thanks again.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
No worries Shaun. Enjoy your cruise. After 43 years at sea a cruise for me would be a bus mans holiday lol..