Ohlins ya335 on tracer?.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Anyone fitted a ohlins ya335 to there tracer? If so we're there any differences in length etc? I ask because the mt09 and mt09 tracer have different parts numbers on there rear shocks,the only ohlins dealer that seemed to no what they were on about were BGmotorsport and they said it will fit but I just thought I would ask you lot just in case,the lad who is doing my front suspension recommend a k-tech razor r so I rang k-tech and they said it's made for a mt09 and wouldn't commit in saying it would fit the tracer! Which I thought was poor service on a £600 shock.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Those 5mm would almost be worth around 12mm at the end of the dog bones - that's definitely going to be noticeable in the bends.

I've been happy with 10mm lowered at the front but have just changed that to 6mm at the yokes in anticipation on a new shock going in shortly which will be extended by 2.5mm giving me 12mm overall.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I can confirm that the length of my MT09 shock is the same as my Tracer, I have a Maxton unit that I got for the 09 but have used it on the tracer as well and it works equally as well on both, pretty sure the only difference in the two oe units is the valving which by all accounts is slightly firmer on the Tracer to suit the extra weight, when I next change them around I will get them dyno tested back to back (just out of curiosity, as for my job I work with car suspension)

Shaun64

Reaction score
Cheers Trevor that's very helpfull have you had any work on the front forks done on your tracer? As I think the front is worse than the rear suspension on the tracer,to begin with I didn't think the tracers suspension was that bad and it is ok for knocking about but once the bike was run in Ive noticed on quick bumpy roads its poor.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Hello Shaun, no I have done nothing but set the right amount of static sag for my weight and played with the rebound damping on the front of the Tracer. I must admit it is still a little spongy under hard braking, but it never becomes unstable. I think by fixing the rear it also helps the front somehow. I may look at a different set of springs though. oh and being a shorty I have a lowering kit on the back (30mm) and have dropped the forks through the yokes to lower the front 15-20mm too.

Last edited: