Old Boy (great movie) Newbie to site

monkeymakam

Reaction score
Hello fellow MT-aniacs, had mine for a year now, love it, the rawness of it's power, the roar of it's Akrapovic from tick over to 137mph, it keeps this old bugga as happy as his two stroke teenage days. Has taken me on some long European trips and many a Sunday blast.

Now needing a service and new set of rubbers. Any advice on tyre choice would be appreciated, stock tyres did 6000 miles, happy with them, but there is probably better out there ?
Cheers chris

Locksmith

Reaction score
6000 miles out of the oe tyres?

I got less than 3 out of my first rear!!

boro

Reaction score
PR2, PP3, PR4. Angel GT take you pick. I've had all the Michelin tires and PP3 have the best dry grip with the PR4 best wet and PR3 inbetween. Mileage wise I found not a lot of difference and had no dramas with any of them. Haven't tried the Angel GT but are looking to next time around unless some cheap Z8's come along.

monkeymakam

Reaction score
Tyres

PR2, PP3, PR4. Angel GT take you pick. I've had all the Michelin tires and PP3 have the best dry grip with the PR4 best wet and PR3 inbetween. Mileage wise I found not a lot of difference and had no dramas with any of them. Haven't tried the Angel GT but are looking to next time around unless some cheap Z8's come along.
Cheers, had already been thinking about the Michelins, think I will visit a few shops and see what's selling well.

monkeymakam

Reaction score
OE tyres

6000 miles out of the oe tyres?

I got less than 3 out of my first rear!!
Was bit crafty with them, squared off a bit at 4000 miles, so jumped on the ferry to Northern Spain, Picos mountains, land of a million bends.
That has evened up the wear quite nicely.

Fluke

Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome aboard
Go for the Mich PR4s
Just got back from a trackday at Snetterton and a European trip through France, Belgium, Germany and a quick cuppa in Luxembourg.
Flawless at high speed (133 on a sat nav) and through the twisties, blasting hard out of hairpins with no traction control and not so much as a squeak from the tyres.
Never had a moments doubt, simply the best.
Let us know how you get on

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I shall definitely go to PR4's after my S20's are spent. After the Diablo Corsa 3's that are going on just before 3 days at Circuit de Catalunya in October :D

Last edited: