Oxford heated grips

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Are these fitted as standard? my bike is second hand so not sure. I am still waiting on the stealer to supply me with the owners manual and service record book.
There are two settings for the grips Hot or Warm(lower setting)
When in the lower setting is there an LED warning light? When in hot mode there is a red LED. if I have the grips in the lower setting there is nothing to tell me that they are on. I am not convinced they do anything. Hot mode is fine forsure.

Kimmie

Reaction score
Oxford Grips are not standard on any bike that I know of, they are added by the owner after the fact (or sometimes the dealer if requested by the owner).

There have been a few changes in the controls of the Oxford grips, so bit hard to assist without seeing the controller. Some have just a red and blue light, some have a temp ranging of lights.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I have had Oxford grips on other bikes so familiar with the controller. On this bike it is just a toggle switch (black button) mounted on the front end of the fuel tank???
Trust me this time of year up in the mountains early mornings they do come in handy. DSC_0488.jpg Last year so it does get cool.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
No not going it is a complete sell out. I went in 2013 to be honest MOTO GP is not my scene. Being from Northern Ireland road racing is my thing.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Although she is two years old this month I am still running her in. Now before folk go WTF I have only owned her just over a week , 875 kms when I got her 1325 kms now so still taking it steady. I only hope who ever owned her before me did the same thing. Trying to get information out of dealers here in Spain is impossible. I have been told she has had her first service so assume the oil and filter have been done!!!!,think I will toss it up to my local Yamaha dealer and just get the first service or at least the oil and filter done again then I will know for sure. As it was not a franchised dealer I bought it from they are trying to locate the service book and owners manuals + one of the Black keys as well I do have the Red one so not to bothered if I get the other one or not but would be nice to have it.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Although she is two years old this month I am still running her in....325 kms now so still taking it steady
That's just over 800 miles, in only 2 years! At 875 kms, that's fast approaching first service. Mine's gone in today for it's first (600 miles). It's money for old rope but I have no means, at present, in which to do the first one, or subsequent services, sadly.

Last edited: