oxford heated grips

daz1963

Reaction score
Hi All. Has any one got these fitted? just wandered where anyone has there controller fitted. can't seem to find a decent place to locate the bracket for the controller without it looking naff so if anyone can post a picture of theirs it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

loneranger

Reaction score
i had mine mounted on the bars also. Got fed up with the bracket rusting. so took off bracket and rerouted the entire panel to the inner side of the front of tank. i will post a pic to explain. I realised i only ever used the buttons when setting off so hid the control panel.

daz1963

Reaction score
Cheers billy. looks quite neat that but I found a picture of it on the other side mounted to the brake lever bracket with 2 bolts so opted for that.

daz1963

Reaction score
cheers loneranger. good point about the rust. had some matt black spray so gave it a few coats of that before mounting it, hopefully hold it back for a bit.

Casey

Reaction score
Hi all I'm thinking of getting some Oxford grips, am I right in thinking it's the sport ones I need?
Thanks in advance.

TommyM

Reaction score
Hi all I'm thinking of getting some Oxford grips, am I right in thinking it's the sport ones I need?
Thanks in advance.
Hi Casey, any if the 3 more expensive grips will be fine. It's just the grip pattern that changes. The sports are the grippiest.

As for the control unit I gave the guys at R&g a call and bought one if their heated grip bar mounts. It's only a few £ and is a much cleaner set up for these bars.

Enjoy

Casey

Reaction score
Cheers mate.. I've just ordered the sport oxford ones from eBay £45, I can see why bike shops go out of business when they are charging £79.
Have you got a pic of the bar mount?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I've got the touring ones fitted, the control box I mounted behind the Puig fairing. So it doesn't even get wet... All the electrics coil up behind the tank....

It gets a bit tight with key position, but its not too bad...