Paid dealer £6300 for 1yr old, ABS with <2k miles

highlander

Reaction score
Not a terrific deal but I was kind of stuck for choices and it seems to be in line with what I found from dealers on autotrader, MCN, etc.

Had a 2005 Daytona from this dealer for two days and on first real ride the oil cooler blew its guts and could have had me off ... suffice to say I wanted something a bit more reliable. Probably over-corrected to get me back on the road for the season by spending an extra £4k on this bike.

Many black bolts and front engine/oil filter area already showing first hints of corrosion but first owner was probably seaside and left it outside so let's be generous and assume worst case. Now garaged inland and will be getting a dose of the FS365 and a going over.

First riding impression - oh my lord, what an engine! Is this a switch or a throttle? Weighs nothing, steering with the back end. After some miles I understand the fuelling complaints, I had similar frustrations with a 2000 Triumph Sprint RS but 16 years later I do expect more refinement in engineering development within the industry.

Shopping list already at rad guard (seems terribly exposed, an accident waiting to happen), ECU re-flash, fork cartridges and maybe a shock upgrade. Might tart it up after that.

highlander

Reaction score
Best choice!
Start from rear shock upgrade to "unlock" your new bike's abilities:cool:
I am thinking the ECU first ... and since I work abroad three weeks at a time, it's the perfect opportunity to send it away and have it waiting when I get back.

Reaction score
Hi there, rad guard is a must asap as it is very exposed, my rad guard already has a couple of dents in it money well spent,i am also looking at changing rear shock but trying to decide which one as there are a few to chose from.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
...Shopping list already at rad guard (seems terribly exposed, an accident waiting to happen), ECU re-flash, fork cartridges and maybe a shock upgrade...
Good list. Rad guard, hell yeah. Done all of the above myself bar the ECU flash. Enjoy the bike, and the planned enhancements even more so.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Finish on bike is fine if your the sort of owner who looks after it. Mine has now done 16000 miles and used through 3 winters, no corrosion or rust, only gripe would be the bottom for forks, the black bits which hold the wheel spindle, are peppered with small stone chips, but I do ride fast on B roads, and often ride in a group