Paint code Blazing orange

Sooper

Reaction score
Anybody know the paint code for the Blazing orange? Did a search here, and found some chatter about it a while ago, but not the actual code.

Any help please :)

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I would love to know as well, this has been an ongoing issue for ages, I want to get some paint so i can do my guards. I tried RS paints who were entirely useless and expected me to send them my tank for matching.

Colton123

Reaction score
There is no code mate as far as I now had this trouble with deep armor . The dealers told me there was not a code for the colours .my mate had to match it and he tried 4 times before getting it right.

MT-Pete

Reaction score
Anybody know the paint code for the Blazing orange? Did a search here, and found some chatter about it a while ago, but not the actual code.

Any help please :)
Ironically, I have taken a couple of panels to a mate of mine today for painting in this colour. He owns a bodyshop (funnily enough) & contacted his paint suppliers for a code, they didn't have it listed. He's contacted someone else & is awaiting a reply but I may well end up taking my tank to RS Paint (they're about 5 miles from me) for them to use to sort out a match.
I believe it involves them using some sort of special camera (for want of a better description) to determine what amounts of what coulours go into the mix to match the paint on the tank.

As far as I can work out (from a brief chat to my mate earlier) the different paint manufacturers use their own codes for their own formulas to mix up the colour, so the paint "code" will only work on the specific system used by the company who match the colour.

I'm pretty sure that Dream Machine have matched it but I understand they haven't/won't release the info. If they did, you would also need to know what system they use & find someone who uses the same system for the code to make sense!

I'll let you all know what I find out!!

flipper

Reaction score
the parts book calls orange DOM8 Deep Orange Metallic 8 Colour Code 1279

flipper

Reaction score
Ironically, I have taken a couple of panels to a mate of mine today for painting in this colour. He owns a bodyshop (funnily enough) & contacted his paint suppliers for a code, they didn't have it listed. He's contacted someone else & is awaiting a reply but I may well end up taking my tank to RS Paint (they're about 5 miles from me) for them to use to sort out a match.
I believe it involves them using some sort of special camera (for want of a better description) to determine what amounts of what coulours go into the mix to match the paint on the tank.

As far as I can work out (from a brief chat to my mate earlier) the different paint manufacturers use their own codes for their own formulas to mix up the colour, so the paint "code" will only work on the specific system used by the company who match the colour.

I'm pretty sure that Dream Machine have matched it but I understand they haven't/won't release the info. If they did, you would also need to know what system they use & find someone who uses the same system for the code to make sense!

I'll let you all know what I find out!!
the scanner only works on flat surfaces and there ain't enough flat on the bike to get a reading iirc.

flipper

Reaction score
Pretty sure someone on here took their bike to have it scanned only to find this out.

sigtrm

Reaction score
I have deep armor but when I asked in Yamaha about color code they said: P41NTR-N19HTMR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT-Pete

Reaction score
I took my tank over to RS Paint today. They took one look at it & said that a spectrometer (the clever bit of kit that works out what colours are in the paint) wouldn't be able to read it due to the metallic. I had one option, to leave my tank with them for them to match it by eye. So that's where my tank is at the moment...

So.............. Soon they will be able to supply the fastest colour! ;)

sigtrm

Reaction score
I took my tank over to RS Paint today. They took one look at it & said that a spectrometer (the clever bit of kit that works out what colours are in the paint) wouldn't be able to read it due to the metallic. I had one option, to leave my tank with them for them to match it by eye. So that's where my tank is at the moment...

Fastest color you say, so you reprinting your bike to deep armor? Good choice mate.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

While they have that tank...get the ecu in the post lol

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
hi all, according to all the info I've seen and the code advertised on the details board in Yam dealer, the code is DOM8

I did find a German site, bike can't seem to find it now!!!!