Question Pannier side and rear rack help

Red257

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping some one can help. We recently bought a second hand MT-09 Tracer 2016 and I want to buy a rear box/bag and side panniers.

The back plate is obviously Givi but does anyone recognise what the side rack may be?

It looks to me like most of the rack is missing but I can't for the life of me find any racking systems that look even remotely similar.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or if we'll need to replace the whole racking system?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi Red
Have you tried taking off the pannier mounts to see if there's a makers name on them

Red257

Reaction score
No I haven't yet, bit reluctant to, but maybe I'll have alook over the weekend.
Thanks

Littlebruv

Reaction score
It looks easiest enough to just undo the 2 Allen bolts to remove the mounts

andz

Reaction score
That Givi topbox plate is for a Monolock box which if you check their website is for smaller bikes and scooters.

Bigger bikes are recommended to be fitted with Monokey boxes.

A Monokey box will fit on a Monolock plate but not vice versa.

bobh

Reaction score
That Givi topbox plate is for a Monolock box which if you check their website is for smaller bikes and scooters.

Bigger bikes are recommended to be fitted with Monokey boxes.
I know that's what Givi say, but I'm not sure of the reason. I've used Monolock boxes for over 10 years on several bikes, including my current MT-09. I got into the Monolock system with my Fazer6, which came with a Yamaha-badged 45-litre Givi box and carrier - in fact that's the box I still use on the MT when I need big capacity.

I believe all Givi panniers are Monokey, so if you're going for a full set it makes sense to use that for compatibility.