PDI my arse

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
does the PDI include checking tyre pressures ? evidently not at Fowlers :mad:

it was so late by the time I was handed the keys there was only 1 route home, M4, and what a hideous ride, felt so unstable at speed and taking roudabouts was exciting, not in a good way, drift, drift, wobble and more drift
eventually got home and checked the tyre pressures, had to be that, it's a new bike ffs, and they were miles out... should be 36/42 (as you all know) were actually 29/31 :eek:
that's 3 bikes I've had from them (Mrs TB's scooter, a courtesy bike and now this one) with dangerously underinflated tyres...

Fowlers... shit em

on a happier note... already fitted the levers, hand guards, crash bungs, screen and sat nav mount... tail tidy, heated grips, USB power socket, satnav power cable and enduro style pegs to go on tomorrow :D

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I wonder if they use an airline inflator that's proper out of calibration? I have my own one that I use on customer vehicles at work that I periodically double check accuracy against a hand held old school type pocket gauge, you can't trust those big ones long term unless someone checks and adjusts them regular.

flipper

Reaction score
so why buy your third bike from there when the first 2 were like it? shop elsewhere. Fowlers have always been shit.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
so why buy your third bike from there when the first 2 were like it? shop elsewhere. Fowlers have always been shit.
because I'd been offered as little as £4k P/X against an MT09 for my 14 plate Street Triple R with 15k miles on, Fowlers offered me £5k

and, after a quick scan over the bike today I found the chain was way too tight and an adjuster locking nut wasn't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Cv_AMOiQg

Attachments

Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score
was that a new MT? the chain is way too tight from the factory.

big ade

Reaction score
fowlers have always been shit....... had a few problems over the years, hence dont use em anymore
i'm now a very happy customer of south wales superbikes , good deals & and great workshop service , i can't fault em !!!!

lee1980

Reaction score
Im in same boat ultimately buy from them because local etc on way to work. When I had CBR500r PDI was done well, think chain was a tad to tight to.
Servicing though costs are high. If get MT 09 will also be saying not to wash it when serviced as they use a pressure washer etc.

Had a clutch lever bolt fall out on a hire bike they supplied that was fun not!

lee1980

Reaction score
Chain on MT-09 is as says in manual 15mm or more movement tyres are a few psi lower than 36/42 but that could be down to differing gauges to, more likely my ancient one is wrong. Otherwise touch wood all ok, arrow system looks to of been fitted very well to.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chain on MT-09 is as says in manual 15mm or more movement tyres are a few psi lower than 36/42 but that could be down to differing gauges to, more likely my ancient one is wrong. Otherwise touch wood all ok, arrow system looks to of been fitted very well to.
Get that signature changed now lol

M

MT account

what can you say about fowlers that doesnt involve swearing or derogotory comments?

.....nowt.

big ade

Reaction score
should have gone to south Wales superbikes ..... i've always had good service from them, 5 new bikes so far !!!
a new tracer today....