Pedals too high - adjust

jezthomas

Reaction score
The rear brake and gear change pedals seem really high. I've only had one bike before, a Ducati monster 620 learner, and those pedals were much lower than the foot pegs, and therefore much easier to use for me.
When I testrode the MT I'd only just left the showroom when I had a big rear skid - luckily the dealer didn't see me! 3 reasons really: 1. the bike was so bloody fast I got up to speed too quickly; 2. when I saw the red light and had to slam the brakes on, the rear brake pedal was so much higher than I was used to I hit it sooner and so engaged loads of rear brake, and earlier than I wanted the front brake to kick in properly, and 3. I have very little mbike riding experience. It was great fun though :-D and the MT was so well balanced and behaved, even a newbie like myself was able to control the skid.

Similar thing for changing gear; my boot height on the foot peg is so high relative to the gear change pedal, that pivoting on the rear of the boot, so downwards from the ankle, isn't enough downward movement to allow for a gear change, so I have to take my boot off the foot peg and move my leg up and down slightly to stamp it into a lower gear. Fine changing up.

Anyone else found the pedals unusually high?

Is adjustment fairly easy? I see there's a shiny silver metal bar to adjust the gear change pedal height, so that seems easy enough but what about the rear brake pedal?

Any tips; youtube links would be handy? Thanks guys.

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
both brake pedal and shift lever are easy to adjust. Where about in Sydney are you? if you need some help I might be able to give you a hand.