Pilot power 3 V Pilot Road 4

Doyler

Reaction score
Pilot power 3 V Pilot Road 4 does any body have exsperence with both as my current pilot Power 3 are just finished with 9000 Kms
and i loved them but winter is coming and I read good things regards Pilot Road 4 are they a better tire than pp3 i don't do track days and the bike is just for fun
thanks for any feed back

Mtpete

Reaction score
How far did you guys get out of the original dunlops? I have done nearly 3000 km and my rear is shagged!!!
Ps sorry to thread hijack....

paulrab

Reaction score
:cool:
How far did you guys get out of the original dunlops? I have done nearly 3000 km and my rear is shagged!!!
Changing mine on monday after 3k miles.
If yours is shagged after 3k km you must be riding damn hard!!!
Good on ya!! :cool:

flydnb

Reaction score
3000 is good for the dunlops , I bet they are almost useless

Mtpete

Reaction score
3000 is good for the dunlops , I bet they are almost useless
Lol yep like riding on diesel all the time, today i gave it a fist full of throttle to bet a doppey driver to the roundabout and the back end stepped out like Marc Marquez backing it into a corner. I must say just a little bit of poo came out.....

Spot

Reaction score
I changed my Dunlops with just over 3,000 miles on them.
Rode A mode all the time unless it was raining.
I found them pretty good in the dry but they scared me silly in the wet.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Maybe i'm the only who get from Dunlops 7.500km already and the wear marks of rear tyre are still on 1mm before touch the tarmac.
Also, because of i turn the bike as more as i can, the rear tyre has a nice crown that touch on the road from one side to the other.
I think i could get about 10.000km or more before i put new tyres.

Birdy

Reaction score
My rear dunlop was shot after 2000 miles, but i managed to get to 2900 , to the disgust of my tyre fitter ! lol Got avon storm 3d on now, got to say they are great . Wet and dry the grip is superb . 2700 on the rear now , and its less than half worn ! Obviously TT , who rides like hes at the ferkin TT will now slate them !!!! LOL

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My rear dunlop was shot after 2000 miles, but i managed to get to 2900 , to the disgust of my tyre fitter ! lol Got avon storm 3d on now, got to say they are great . Wet and dry the grip is superb . 2700 on the rear now , and its less than half worn ! Obviously TT , who rides like hes at the ferkin TT will now slate them !!!! LOL
Lol. Go hard or go home ;).
I kill tyres very quickly because I ride very aggressively lol.
I got 0 miles out of my dunplops....! Y?.... Because I slapped a set of PR4's on before the bike was even out of the showroom lol.
Will try these Avon Storm thingy bobs next and see how long it takes me to kill them lol

Spot

Reaction score
Well i've now got over 300 miles on the PR4's and i've been quite confident with them but on the ride home today, admittedly on cold tyres and in A mode I gave it a big fistful to overtake and the backend to stepped out bigtime! I mean really big.
I never felt it was out of control but I wasn't expecting it. I never had that happen with the Dunlops (in the dry).

flydnb

Reaction score
Well i've now got over 300 miles on the PR4's and i've been quite confident with them but on the ride home today, admittedly on cold tyres and in A mode I gave it a big fistful to overtake and the backend to stepped out bigtime! I mean really big.
I never felt it was out of control but I wasn't expecting it. I never had that happen with the Dunlops (in the dry).
I had that happen to me a few times on the dunlops, but not on my pirellis .

flydnb

Reaction score
try the Pirelli angel gts , best upgrade I have done on the bike apart from the dremel holder.