Poor quality fittings?

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Hi, hope this is in the right section...

Just thought i'd mention an experience i had the other day fitting the Evotech pillion peg removal kit.

Firstly i'd like to say the Evotech kit was good quality (considering it's really just a bit of Aluminium) the supplied bolts were fine too...

It's the factory supplied bolts/fasteners that were the issue. One of the left side screws was really tight and after trying to get it out with the hex key the thing just rounded off i can't remember if they were M5 or M6 now... it's an M8 thread anyway. Looking at the other screws it seemed that they'd used a crap load of thread lock that would not of helped. I ended up having to drill the screw out in the end, luckily i saved the thread from being ruined but the screw is scrap now.

I just wondered what standard of Ally that screw was made of...i'm going for dairy lea....You have been warned.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Just thought i'd mention an experience i had the other day fitting the Evotech pillion peg removal kit.

Firstly i'd like to say the Evotech kit was good quality (considering it's really just a bit of Aluminium) the supplied bolts were fine too...

It's the factory supplied bolts/fasteners that were the issue. One of the left side screws was really tight and after trying to get it out with the hex key the thing just rounded off i can't remember if they were M5 or M6 now... it's an M8 thread anyway. Looking at the other screws it seemed that they'd used a crap load of thread lock that would not of helped. I ended up having to drill the screw out in the end, luckily i saved the thread from being ruined but the screw is scrap now.

I just wondered what standard of Ally that screw was made of...i'm going for dairy lea....You have been warned.
Funny u shud mention this as I had the same thing happen to me except I didn't have to drill it out. I just about managed to get it out before it completely rounded off. I have the worlds supply of thread lock on there as well.

I also fitted the evotech plates. They look sweet lol

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

www.facebook.com/spudrees

Last edited:

stunva

Reaction score
I rounded off the RH side back one, the last one I had to do............cracked the shits and put the pillion pegs back on.

I'll drill it out one day when I have more patience.

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Thought i was the only one, who knew? I hope the rest of the bolts are better...

psychoattractor

Reaction score

It's the same with every Yamaha i've ever owned, too much thread lock and i guess it's a part that you REALLY don't want coming loose if you have a pillion on board!

Gently does it and there's no problems, but they are very soft.