Power is amazing after break in!!

lee1980

Reaction score
I am on just over a 1000 miles and been gradually eeking out revs towards redline in each gear, though found it creates torque in such a way not much need to go right to redline! the sound to with arrow system is great around town can keep it in second and just roll on and off!
The triple configuration and 850cc coupled with light weight seems perfect combo.
Nearest I had before was a K1200r but that was long and heavy to!

In dry suspension is lacking but in wet weather very forgiving and handling and feeling for road is great in wet just put in B mode! :D

Chaz

Reaction score
Awesome. I hit 580 miles last weekend, bike was serviced. I tried to keep below 5800 rpm but difficult. Dealer suggested to go past it occasionally, just not labour the bike or stay at high revs for too long (like motorway) or low gear. Just about to do a 400 mile ride this weekend, should be well broken in by the time we get back.

lee1980

Reaction score
yea i think key is to not baby it to much, and to rev high still but not right up top and not keep it there and vary ti as much as possible.
I have pretty much broken in every bike same never had a problem in like 8 new bikes.

I have heard of people going to conservative and glazing the bores etc.

Chaz

Reaction score
yea i think key is to not baby it to much, and to rev high still but not right up top and not keep it there and vary ti as much as possible.
I have pretty much broken in every bike same never had a problem in like 8 new bikes.

Agreed. Ive not babied the bike. Its seen 7K rpm a few times, even during the initial 600 mile period. The different too is mineral oil during the run in period, does not offer the same level of heat protection, so careful to not ride too hard for too long.

I would expect in the next 400 miles to use most of the rev range. Thought that it was 6000 or so rpm limit. Happier that its higher, I dont use it as a max limit anyways, more of a guide.

Also, not keen to do 100 mph, that doesnt interest me although I would do this at times, its more about using the bike in the correct gear / speed needed and sometimes when riding hard, this means using more than 6000 rpm etc.

Deadhead

Reaction score
This is my 4th new bike. I'm usually careful the first 100 miles mainly because of the tyres, after that I have 2 rules.
1. Don't red line it.
2. Don't ride for long periods at the same revs.
That's it, no need to over complicate things.

My Toy

Reaction score
and never Rev it hard from cold.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

BitSar

Reaction score
This is my 4th new bike. I'm usually careful the first 100 miles mainly because of the tyres, after that I have 2 rules.
1. Don't red line it.
2. Don't ride for long periods at the same revs.
That's it, no need to over complicate things.
Pretty much the same way I do it too.

Franklinhornet

Reaction score

Sounds like me. I just stayed under 5000 rpm and haven't exceeded 70 mph yet.