PowerBronze Hand Guards

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
After living with the Tracer for a few months now, I'd decided the hand guards are form over function - they look the part, but offer little wind protection and make the bars very wide for filtering.

I do like hand guards (especially with heated grips) so came to the decision to either remove them completely or look for replacements to do a proper job.

I spotted the PowerBronze inserts which I like because the retain the original guards along with the look (which I do like) but give the guards the height and depth that IMO the bike should have had from day 1.

Rode into work this morning and they make a big difference, no more wind noticeable over my hands and I don't know if this is just wishful thinking but I'm sure the bars are more stable at speed now, maybe from the increased wind pressure on both sides. Anyway, they're a tad pricey at nearly 80 quid, but thought I'd post up in case anyone else is in the same dilemma. They're a straight easy swap for the stock inner section of the hand guards and I really like that they still look fairly stock.

Greenman41

Reaction score
I swapped mine for KTM guards that actually keep wind and rain off my hands. Easy-ish to fit and narrower too.

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Yeah I was just posting specifically on these in case anyone was interested in them rather than changing to other makes (there's loads of other threads on those).

I really like the look of the stock guards, but was frustrated that they are really cosmetic only. These inserts make them work but keep that same look.

Depends what you want.

Greenman41

Reaction score
I get it. I just think the OEM guards look a bit crap, and don’t work either. I think my bike looks better with no hand guards, but if I have to have them for riding in cooler weather, and I am a bit of a wimp, I’d rather have a set that work.

TariqH

Reaction score
I agree that the stock hand guards provide little wind protection. Can anyone tell me which model of KTM hand guards fit my MT 09 tracer 2015 I see that the KTM hand guards has had some recommendations but I am finding it difficult to know what to order.
Any help appreciated.

JohnD

Reaction score

Toppie

Reaction score
I have a DIY solution. Cost me £14 on Ebay for 2 pieces of smoke grey polycarbonate sheet.
The seller cut it to the size and shape I wanted free of charge. It bends and retains its shape easily. Very strong!
It's made a world of difference. Much, much warmer and drier.

Hand guards (3).JPG
Hand guards (1).JPG

DTNZ

Reaction score
After living with the Tracer for a few months now, I'd decided the hand guards are form over function - they look the part, but offer little wind protection and make the bars very wide for filtering.

I do like hand guards (especially with heated grips) so came to the decision to either remove them completely or look for replacements to do a proper job.

I spotted the PowerBronze inserts which I like because the retain the original guards along with the look (which I do like) but give the guards the height and depth that IMO the bike should have had from day 1.

Rode into work this morning and they make a big difference, no more wind noticeable over my hands and I don't know if this is just wishful thinking but I'm sure the bars are more stable at speed now, maybe from the increased wind pressure on both sides. Anyway, they're a tad pricey at nearly 80 quid, but thought I'd post up in case anyone else is in the same dilemma. They're a straight easy swap for the stock inner section of the hand guards and I really like that they still look fairly stock.

Do you have a picture of them on your bike? Can't see much on their website.
Thanks.

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a before and after fitting:

They're also larger at the bottom as well, so cover the entire hand nicely.

I've actually took them off and am going to give the KTM ones a go (once we can ride again after lockdown) to see if they work better.

I like the look of the OEM, but they are massive and unwieldy.