Question: Handlebars and foot peg adjusters

Dutchy

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking at putting some Renthal or Pro Taper bars on my MT09, but wondering which ones would work well. My local dealer only has a few different ones in stock, and don't like buying straight off ebay as I'd like to see what the bars will look like on the bike.... who has changed them, and which bar did you get (model). And how did you go about getting the holes for the pins in the right spot???

Also, I've found my feet touch the ground a bit too quick for my liking.... having my toes on the pegs is too hard with my long legs.... so i want to get some peg adjusters.... I've found some on ebay Shinobi Black Adjustable Rider Footpegs 40mm FOR Yamaha MT 09 13 14 | eBay
but not sure if they'll be any good..... can't much else like it anywhere! Any ideas?
Cheers

george

Reaction score
I got some of these for my previous bike (fireblade) they were really good apart from the supplied screws. I just replaced them for decent stainless ones

Dutchy

Reaction score
I got some of these for my previous bike (fireblade) they were really good apart from the supplied screws. I just replaced them for decent stainless ones
How did you go about changing them over, seems the pegs are attached by a rivet type thingy...... drill? punch?

I've been told the aftermarket ones can snap? How long did you have yours for???

Cheers

george

Reaction score
I haven't got them on my mt09. As I said I replaced the fasteners for good stainless ones on my fireblade. I was able to stand up on the pegs so mine were definitely strong enough as I weigh 14.5 stone.