R&G Tailtidy + Yamaha Indicators

jezthomas

Reaction score
If anyone is wondering what combinations of tailtidys go with what aftermarket indicators and what they might look like, here's what I've done, so this might help you in your decision.
I've fitted an R&G tailtidy with Yamaha LED indicators. The tailtidy looks well made, but the instructions weren't too clear. But I managed to work it out and I'm not so mechanically minded and I'm new to bikes.
The Yamaha LED indicators fit this tailtidy fine and look great - they are super-bright; when I tested them after fitting, by putting them on hazard lights, I only looked at them for 3 seconds and I had the image burnt into my vision for a while! Stay alive safety :)

I ended up with a lot of extra wires to tuck away under the seat, not least these inline items that look like they might be fuses (1 per indicator), which you have to fit in-between each indicator wire and the main loom. They're pretty bulky - about a third of a Twix finger size - and I ended up putting them, and the excess wiring, into the little storage compartment under the seat. Not ideal, but I didn't fancy spending the extra time to reduce the wiring length and finding a neater way of storing it all, as it isn't visible.

Here's a few before and after shots, so you can see if you're keen on the look:
IMG_7535.jpgIMG_7599.jpgSide close tidy not.jpgSide close tidy.jpg

Fletch

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg

Hope that's what you wanted to see?

Last edited: