Rapid Bike Easy

Dracones

Reaction score
I have installed this module and fix three important issues:
1. The throttle response it is much much better;
2. The engine works cooler (The fan starts very rare)
3. In “standard” mode the response is similar with “A mode”

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
I really don't like these modules. They basically fool the ECU into running richer from the lambda sensor signal (only in the closed loop).

A proper remap would be much better IMO and much safer long term.

Also the perceived standard mode now being like A mode wont be true, because the increased response in A mode is down to throttle mapping, which is completely unaffected by this unit.

It may have made all modes feel slightly more punchy, which is what you're actually noticing due to the richer mix at lower revs, but that's about it.

They're basically a slightly more advanced (and much more expensive) version of shoving a resistor inline with the lambda signal to make the bike run richer.

Each to their own though, it's your bike and if it works for you.

Dracones

Reaction score
Without this module my bike works very lean, making the fan started very often( risk of burning a valve); and the bike act almost uncontrollable, specially in the roundabouts.
Now the acceleration response is soft, specially after deceleration , the fun starts only when it’s necessary, the dynamic is much better

Dracones

Reaction score
Entering on the market with the new models, producers has the pass extremely restrictive pollution test. Because of this they have the design new engines working with a very lean airfuel mix. Lean air-fuel mix means Big engine temperature meaning possible problem And very poor acceleration response specially after a deceleration

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Yamaha know's how to build a bike within safe limits so I don't accept your point that it'll burn a valve out.

The engine's are set to run slightly higher AFR in the closed loop area for emissions, but they are not running 'lean' in the damaging sense i.e. leaner than stoichiometric.

I do agree however that these bikes are hugely improved with a remap, mainly to remove the injector cut on deceleration which is the main reason for the jerkiness of the throttle, and the ability to alter throttle mapping to improve slow speed action etc.

A remap manages the FI tables properly though, whereas these systems are IMO a bodge that is only slightly more sophisticated than an inline resistor from the lambda sensor and you're not getting any benefit outside of the closed loop area.

Like I say, ok for those wanting a cheap alternative I guess but for a proper solution I'd rather spend a few more pennies for a proper remap that's been tried and tested on a dyno.