Rapid Bike Evo Autotune Review.

KGnor

Reaction score
Hello MT people!
I just got my Mt09 back from the dealer, they have fittet a Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller with the Akrapovic carbon exhaust.
You will have to excuse my poor english in this thread.

For those of you that havent heard about the new Autotune function from rapid bike that adjust the fuel map in realtime as you drive, i wrote a bit about it in this thread located in the technical part of the forum
https://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/forum/threads/rapid-bike-evo-autotune-review.3666/
I belive this will be a gamechanger as theres no more need for dyno runs and adjustments, even when you mod your bike — exhaust , airfilter ...

I picked the bike up some hours ago and right from the start, it was like the bike had a completly different engine!
Driving in the lower rpms was so much smoother, when before it would be jerking quite bad in 1 and 2 gear.
Very much improvement in the whole rpm range.
Around 3—4000 rpms was the worst for me, as i do alot of driving in traffic, its now completly changed.

The power delivery when giving it some throttle is shockingly different, its very refined and linear!
I never really had the guts to wheelie the MT as i did with my old tractor of an Xt, but that is going to change, as i did a few powerwheelies today, and it was nice..
That little middle rpm flatspot is completly gone, making it very predicteble and easy to drive.

I was the first in my city to use this system so my dealer gave me a great price on that and the Akrapovic Carbon.
Im very pleased with it and would recommend everyone that is looking into a fuel controller, to atleast check into it as i belive its the better choice for most people.
I heard it was good, but damn..

For more on how it works, check the posted thread or this site.
Yamaha FZ-09 Rapid Bike EVO System | Rapid Bike adaptive fuel injection tuning for all sport bikes.

*This is not the same as Powercommander autotune, as it doesnt work on the closed loop among other things.

Kind Regards
KG

KGnor

Reaction score
Thanks for review, I've now found a UK supplier https://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/road/yamaha/1048_mt-09/2014/brands/rapid-bike
Looks like £296 for the MT-09 specific one or £355 for a unit where you can download maps for different bikes so you can swop it when you change your bike.
Seems like a very good price, didnt know there was a MT09 spesific one to be honest.
When moving the RB unit to a new bike, you have to purchase a harness for that bike to make it fit. Dont think it was to costly.

KGnor

Reaction score
Noticed today that the engine runs cooler as well.
The coolant used to be at 70celcius at higway speed.
Now it is around 65—66C.
The bike is so much more enjoyable to ride now, and i can feel its still getting better as the map is updating.

mt09mike

Reaction score
Sorry to raise an old thread,
but I wonder if there any dyno figures for Rapidbike EVO.
I did some research but so far no one has put up dyno figures.