Rattle from front forks.

nibor

Reaction score
2015 - MT 0-9 abs.
I recently fitted a plastic fender extender to the front mudguard to keep the muck off the radiator, but have noticed a rattling noise which appears to come from the front forks area when riding over bumps in the road. I don't know if the noise is being amplified by the fitting of this plastic extender, and I am sure that if I rode with ear plugs in then I probably wouldn't hear it.

At the first opportunity I will remove and ride the bike without the extender, but was wondering if anybody else has encountered the same problem.

Thanks
Nibor

deedaadel

Reaction score
Nibor are you sure its not the headlight adjustment screws that could be rattling around, tie them up with an elastic band or something similar just to eliminate them. Ive never had this problem myself but I do know that some have.

stevecbr

Reaction score
I have a fender extender fitted to my MT09, its the one with 3 rivets holding it on. No rattles from mine.
Its not the pads rattling when you hit a bump, they move about a bit and will rattle slightly until you apply them

bloggsy

Reaction score
I've had fender extenders on both my 09s and have one on my old 03 but have never had a rattling problem, but I am a deaf old bastard so nuff said
Thought I would put that in before you did nibor