Re: Aftermarket suspension- Andreani cartridges and Ohlin's shock

donut

Reaction score
Dear All,

Has anyone fitted this kit:-

https://www.omniaracing.net/kit-adv...re-ohlins-per-yamaha-tracer-2014-p-21639.html

Some guys in the US have fitted the cartridges and reckon they are the mutts nutts, any thoughts before I part with £670 plus postage.

cheers

tony
I'm pretty much going down this route on my MT-07 (except that I'm going to use a Nitron rear shock instead of the Ohlins) via Steve Jordan Motorcycles -http://www.stevejordanmotorcycles.co.uk/ - who know their stuff.

They do lots of MT-09 bikes and usually fit Ktech stuff I believe, which isn't available for the 07 - luckily in a way as it's twice the cost of the Andreani which they also said was good stuff.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Anyone done this yet, I'm currently searching for a suspension solution. I was thinking of going Ohlins front and rear but the Andreani cartridges and springs have good reviews and is about half the price of Ohlins cartridges. Anyone know the full cost including UK shipping and is there any import fee?

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
I did it, amazing transformation, well worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone 

Kinjane

Reaction score
I'm pretty much going down this route on my MT-07 (except that I'm going to use a Nitron rear shock instead of the Ohlins) via Steve Jordan Motorcycles -http://www.stevejordanmotorcycles.co.uk/ - who know their stuff.

They do lots of MT-09 bikes and usually fit Ktech stuff I believe, which isn't available for the 07 - luckily in a way as it's twice the cost of the Andreani which they also said was good stuff.
I sincerely hope you have better luck than me with getting hold of your Nitron shock. I've been waiting 7 weeks since ordering mine - disgusting customer service since I was originally promised two weeks for delivery by one of their staff members over the telephone. Last Thursday it was ready for 48hr delivery and it's still not arrived - yesterdays follow up call didn't seem to result in anything productive either.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Re: Aftermarket suspension- Andreani cartridges and Ohlin's shock

did you buy from Omnia? did you go for cartridges?
My local suspension place in Bristol supplied and fitted both the Ohlins rear and the Andreani cartridges.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

Shaun64

Reaction score
That's expensive for Andreani cartridges and ohlin shock as the ohlin rear shock can be had for £400 and £670 for fork cartridges that you have to fit yourself is very expensive,I've just had Andreani fork cartridges fitted to forks off the bike for much less from reactive suspension in York 01347 811529 or google reactive suspension in York,he's away till next Wednesday,you can post your forks many do.

RipGroove

Reaction score
That's expensive for Andreani cartridges and ohlin shock as the ohlin rear shock can be had for £400 and £670 for fork cartridges that you have to fit yourself is very expensive,I've just had Andreani fork cartridges fitted to forks off the bike for much less from reactive suspension in York 01347 811529 or google reactive suspension in York,he's away till next Wednesday,you can post your forks many do.
What's expensive? That £670 is for the rear shock and the fork cartridges. It's not £670 for just the cartridges.

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
No, that price on the website is in Euros.

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
Oh yeah I see what your saying now.

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
The total price is £770 for shock and cartridges from Omnia.

In the UK the Ohlins shock is about £400+ and the Andreani cartridges are about £480 which together is £880.

So that £770 from Omnia is actually a very good price.

Sent from my iPhone 

Shaun64

Reaction score
Sorry RipGrove I thought it was saying £670 for cartridges my mistake,yes £770 for them both is good.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Bgmotorsport were doing the ohlins at £395 a few weeks back.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Even then the Andreanis will still cost you £480ish so again Omnias bundle price is much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone 

chump

Reaction score
BG say they're on back order from the factory til October, so if you want one quicker you need someone who's got stock.