Rear Brake Pedal Adjustment ??

nibor

Reaction score
2015 MT 0-9 ABS.

My rear brake pedal seems to be getting lower and I cannot see any way of adjusting it.

The only adjustment that I can see associated with the brake pedal is for the purpose of adjusting the brake light switch free play.

I suspect that the rear pads @ 13,000 miles are now half worn, and I am assuming the fitting of a new set of pads would probably restore the pedal height to where it was when the bike was new, am I correct in my assumption ?

Thanks Nibor

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Have a general inspection of the pads and check for wear

bobh

Reaction score
2015 MT 0-9 ABS.

My rear brake pedal seems to be getting lower and I cannot see any way of adjusting it.

The only adjustment that I can see associated with the brake pedal is for the purpose of adjusting the brake light switch free play.

I suspect that the rear pads @ 13,000 miles are now half worn, and I am assuming the fitting of a new set of pads would probably restore the pedal height to where it was when the bike was new, am I correct in my assumption ?

Thanks Nibor
Pad wear shouldn't affect the pedal travel, as the system is effectively self-adjusting.

The adjustment is on the pushrod that goes into the master cylinder. Loosen the locknut on top of the clevis and turn the pushrod using the hex just under the rubber boot. The boot fits in a groove in the pushrod, so will allow it to rotate even though initially it will seem to be getting twisted.

Has the brake fluid ever been changed? If it's looking a bit dark, that could be the problem.

It's all covered in the Haynes manual.

nibor

Reaction score
Thanks for the info bobh, sorted.
Nibor