rear shock ride height adjustment

barton

Reaction score
Picked up a low mileage 14 plate MT09. After just 5 miles realise the suspension is utter crap. so three days later K-Tech razor shock and K-Tech ids cartridge kit. Now much better, but in A mode the throttle snatch still tends to push me a little wide as the front goes light. I raised the forks through the yokes 5mm and was able to maintain a constant arc on one of my favorite bend,the shock can be lengthend so was thinking of puting forks back to stock position and lifting the rear. Anyone done this ??

Shaun64

Reaction score
Ive got a k-tech razor r on my tracer,I've adjusted the ride hieght on mine from 5mm of thread showing to 9mm of thread which made the ride hieght similar to standard shock, it's a good shock I am pleased with mine,one thing to watch out for is that the red hose can rub on the rough casting on the inside of the frame so I took the rough off the frame with a fine file and put some electrical tape on the hose of same colour just in case but alls well.

barton

Reaction score
Ive got a k-tech razor r on my tracer,I've adjusted the ride hieght on mine from 5mm of thread showing to 9mm of thread which made the ride hieght similar to standard shock, it's a good shock I am pleased with mine,one thing to watch out for is that the red hose can rub on the rough casting on the inside of the frame so I took the rough off the frame with a fine file and put some electrical tape on the hose of same colour just in case but alls well.

Have got my reservoir turned enough to have the hose free of the frame. Are you saying the K-Tech shock out of the box is shorter then stock. I put my stock against the K-Tech before fitting and they were the same.I did ask K-Tech if the razor shock at a top out spring and they said no.
So 4mm extra was 3 turns of the mounting eye.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I think they were the same length or there abouts, best thing to do is a few experiments with the shock at different lengths to see what suits you best,remember the tracer is 15kg ish more wieght that the standard mt09 so your adjustments could be slightly different to mine.