ref r & g rad gaurd

kriss

Reaction score
well today I collected my new mt09 and loved the ride home after a year without a bike was heven. decided to buy last week and fit today an r & g radgaurd. I have one question and that is where does the little plastic spacer fit ? do I remove the metal spacer and insert the plastic one in its place or just fit it in opposite side of metal spacer. in the instructions it says remove bolt from righthand side and replace with plastic spacer. maybe im getting to old .many thanks in advance.sorry folks I put this in wrong section as my bike is an mt09.

Last edited:

loneranger

Reaction score
their instructions are crap! I didn't use any of the extra fixings. Just removed existing bolts etc and refitted. No issue. Also they supply a cable tie for the lower section. Pretty poor i say.

kriss

Reaction score
hi loneranger, you are absolutely right the instructions and pictures are pretty dwn poor. the cable tie conection I was shocked with as thought even I could of come up with something better than that. the way I read instructions was on righthand side of bike if sitting on it remove bolt and fit that little spacer/coller into rubber bung opposite side from metel coller than use the longer bolt in kit. maybe im just getting old and thick.r & g should really speand a bit of time doing clear instructions.

lee1980

Reaction score
This is why I went Evotech this time, had an r&g on previous bike and was bolted top and bottom.

kriss

Reaction score
well today I fitted my tail tidy and just when I thought job done the bloody led number plate light dosnt work. contacted r & g about my rad guard no reply so will jst take led light back to dealer where I bought it as they are almost £13 to buy separate.