Remove Akrapovic db killer

stuartornum

Reaction score
I tried to remove my db killer from the Akra this morning... But it will not come out!

Just to confirm there is a single 4mm allen key bolt to remove and that's it...??? How much force did people use removing it? Did you use any special tools?

Cheers all

Spot

Reaction score
I let the dealer do mine.
They had a go whilst I was there and were having major difficulty. I left before they got it out (was collecting the bike the following week) so dunno what technique they used but I suspect it was brute force and ignorance.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Its a real bitch. You are correct though, its one retaining bolt the rest is just friction ! the thing is really wedged in there. I go mine from the dealers with the baffle out, and i still haven't successfully put it in!!

Martin p

Reaction score
H all, i took mine out when brand new, after hearing mr crotchrockets on utube, but its a tad too loud for me so i have modified it by cutting off the 3 long pipes and filing down the large flange so its a snug but easily removable fit. Also its now loud and deep but not too loud. ps even when new it was efin tight

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The best way to get it out is to take the silencer completely off the bike, remove the retaining bolt and then carefully knock the baffle out from the opposite side to where it slides in...i.e the piece that fits onto the middle section of pipes. Job done...

crotchrocket

Reaction score
AH! ok, I haven't looked at it but presumed because of the angle of the outlet, it wouldn't work........i presumed wrong lol !

Twozup

Reaction score
Not really qualified to comment but what about soaking in WD40 for hour or three. Or heating the outside just enough to expand the exhaust away from the baffle just enough to horse it out with pliers?
Apols if this is obviously stupid!!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Twozup

Reaction score
Ill courier it to Birdy safe n sound stuartornum. I'll even get a signature upon receipt of delivery. All FOC of course

Now where did I put my crayon

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Birdy and Twozup u make me piss...
Birdy ull just attack, I mean gently tickle it out with ur rather large lump hammer lol.
Twozup I fear it won't make it past ur garden gate before it is fitted to ur bike lol.
Stuart I recommend running the bike for a couple of minutes because it will help with the extraction (another word of the day lol)!

Twozup

Reaction score
Birdy and Twozup u make me piss...
Birdy ull just attack, I mean gently tickle it out with ur rather large lump hammer lol.
Twozup I fear it won't make it past ur garden gate before it is fitted to ur bike lol.
Stuart I recommend running the bike for a couple of minutes because it will help with the extraction (another word of the day lol)!
Och.... RUMBLED!!!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}