Sat Nav mounting - Above the clocks

catteeclan

Reaction score
Hi all. Got my Tracer GT just before Xmas and haven't rode the thing yet. I'm not normally this fussy but there's just to much salt and crap on the road at the mo.
I've got a tomtom and would like to get it above the clocks, anyone tried this on the newer Tracer GT?

ninjaef

Reaction score
Hi all. Got my Tracer GT just before Xmas and haven't rode the thing yet. I'm not normally this fussy but there's just to much salt and crap on the road at the mo.
I've got a tomtom and would like to get it above the clocks, anyone tried this on the newer Tracer GT?
That is the entire purpose of this thread.
I have been searching for 6 weeks now. All I can find is one of these which does not allow you to mount centrally; I tried with three types of RAM extensions (long double socket, elbow socket and another thing)...they all "wobble" so much they make the display unreadable.

Tonight I'm going to take off the front end and see if there is some way of installing a bar or an M5 fastener used somewhere so I use the M5 threaded RAM ball mount.
One option is drilling an M5 hole into the windscreen grip but I'm not sure if thats dooable .. wil lcheck tonight.

catteeclan

Reaction score
I've ordered the one that mounts to the side to see if I can alter it. I'll keep all posted.

catteeclan

Reaction score
Got some time in the sun today so fitted the mounts. Nothing wring with the quality but what it fixes to, all plastic and goes up and down with the adjustable screen. It also stick my tomtom rider out of the side so will be open to the wind and rain blast which I don't think is a good idea. Oh and it wobbles all over the place.

Removed them again along with the screen, 3 bolts hold the adjustable screen mount and then the plastic trim which goes around the lower back of the clocks. This reveals a nice steel mounting face to play with. I've made a cardboard template of what I plan to make and I'd love to show you all but this site is telling me my pics are to big and adjusting 6 pics is a ball ache and a waste of valuable beer time. So I'll upload to photo bucket and post a link.

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/catteeclan/library/Tracer GT satnav mount?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:

catteeclan

Reaction score
Completed my idea only to have it shake and vibrate something rotten.
Ordered this off eBay so fingers crossed and will report back