Scottoiler

Hexme

Reaction score
Done a quick search on the site and found a few bits but thought I'd start off a new topic for anyone else wanting info :)

After my last few bike being shafties and having used scottoilers before on chain drives, I'm seriously thinking of fitting one.

So the question, has anyone fitted one, VSystem or ESystem?

Will decide by the end of the day if, or which one I want, in which case I'll take loads of photographs to help anyone out in the future who decides to fit one.

Cheers guy and gals

Tony

Steely

Reaction score
A mate of mine has fitted the Tutoro automatic system to his Tiger Sport, and it seems to be doing a really good job. I'd like to put one on my MT-09, but I'm struggling to find a neat place to locate the reservoir. The beauty of the Tutoro system is that it's self-contained, and doesn't need a vacuum connection to the inlet tract or to an electrical connection.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Hi Steely, I have one fitted to my 09 and it does a cracking job. I will take a photo or two and post it on for you. Give me a day and I will sort it
Lew

O

owle

Hi Steely, I have one fitted to my 09 and it does a cracking job. I will take a photo or two and post it on for you. Give me a day and I will sort it
Lew
I would be interested also in any ideas/photos of fitting places for a chain oiler,on my to do list

Thanks owle

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I have fitted the oiler using the rear footrest hanger. I have also played around with various places on were to fit the feed pipe. I tried recently to fit it so as it fed onto the front sprocket so as to cut down on the oil spatter on the back wheel. At first I thought I had got it spot on but as someone here pointed out it would throw the oil off faster than feeding to the rear sprocket which proved to be the case. It is now back to feeding in at the side of the rear sprocket. To be honest the spatter was not all that bad but with no centre stand made cleaning the wheel a pain. 20170410_120130[1].jpg20170410_120131[1].jpg

Hexme

Reaction score
Thanks for that Lew, is that scottoil you are using in the reservoir?

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Yes it is , only because it is the last of the bottle I had. I had Scott oilers on my previous bikes which were okay but I think the Tutoro is easier to set up and easier to use as well. I have a mate with one fitted on his Tracer he uses his old engine oil in it and says it is okay as well.

Hexme

Reaction score
Thanks Lew, try spraying wd 40 onto your back wheel, it removes scott oil really easy.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
That tutoro oiler looks interesting, never fitted an automatic oiler before but maybe it's time i did.

Tried various stuff over the years from old engine oil, heavy weight tractor oil, chainsaw oil and 2 stroke oil, don't think it really matters as long as the chain isn't running dry.

Probably the best of the bunch was stihl bioplus chain oil, but unless you got it knocking around for your saws i wouldn't recommend it as it's a bit pricey.

Using muc-off endurance chain lube at the moment with good results. (i picked up a damaged can going cheap cheap.)

Hexme

Reaction score
I can't believe the amount of chain oilers available now, a good source of knowledge is youtube, so many videos of peoples personal experiences of fitting and using.

I have a week off work so hopefully I'll eventually make my mind up and hope to post some installation pictures which might help someone in the future.

Hexme

Reaction score
After much messing around I've just bought the Tutoro Deluxe Kit. Pickys to follow.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Tutoro arrived in the post today so spanners away tomorrow!

Looks ok fitted to the rear pilly peg Lew but i might see about attaching to the rear brake reservoir instead, needs to be well out of the way of my wife's clumsy feet.

Hexme

Reaction score
Oil reservoir

IMG_20170412_170835.jpg

Used an old Scottoiler bracket

IMG_20170412_160427.jpg

Like to keep the oil feed where I can see it, I know that some think its neater underneath or tucked behind.

Last edited:
O

owle

Tutoro arrived in the post today so spanners away tomorrow!

Looks ok fitted to the rear pilly peg Lew but i might see about attaching to the rear brake reservoir instead, needs to be well out of the way of my wife's clumsy feet.

I'm interested in the Tutoro duel feed system, had single feed systems from a few different manufacturers and don't think they are as effective as duel feed.

If you have purchased the duel feed system i would be interested in your views as to the quality of the system, as i have had a Tutoro oiler before, but it was a totally different system, the same principle as the Loobman, the quality was not good. but it was only £15 or £20, and i like the simplicity of the design and ease of fitment of the new product.

Thanks owle.