Screen replacement

ib1-2

Reaction score
Anyone fitted a bigger screen that doesn't get knocked by the hand guards? Have had to send a powerbronz back as the lower holes weren't aligned and the left hand guard hit the screen whereas the right one had plenty of space.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi ib 1-2There are a few screens whether sports or touring..Puig or Ermax are recommended, I have a Palmer Products screen and mount but these are more expensive

Wynner

Reaction score
Hi
Got a Givi touring screen, not very keen on the looks but it really works quite well. Very quiet and I can look over it at the lowest setting. I may cut an inch off the top to give the option of adjusting up or down but I haven't tried it with the wife on yet so not sure about buffetting for the pillion yet. I'm 5'10ish.

ib1-2

Reaction score
Hi
Got a Givi touring screen, not very keen on the looks but it really works quite well. Very quiet and I can look over it at the lowest setting. I may cut an inch off the top to give the option of adjusting up or down but I haven't tried it with the wife on yet so not sure about buffetting for the pillion yet. I'm 5'10ish.
I was thinking of the Givi D2122S. Just wondered if anybody had one fitted and whether the hand guards interfered with it on full lock.

D2122S.jpg

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Givi do the hand guards as well
My setup is Palmer Products screen and mount with Puig hand guards which are clear of the screen
IMG_20171230_130130374.jpg

Last edited:

Wynner

Reaction score
My Givi screen is much bigger than the one pictured and there are no issues with touching the hand guards

Alwaysabiker

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha touring screen fitted and it suits me very well, its not pretty but works well for distance and weather. When I first put it on the hand guards did clash, however you can adjust the angle of them to lessen the contact. Both still touch on full lock but to be honest I don't spend much time on full lock! lol.

ib1-2

Reaction score
I have the powerbronze handguards which hit the powerbronze screen I sent back, which was a shame as it was the right size 505 mm high so not too tall.
I would be interested in how to adjust angle of handguards which Alwaysabiker managed to do.

Alwaysabiker

Reaction score
In reply to ib1-2, I found after I got my bike the clutch lever clamp onto the handlebar was not secure, After a short time the clutch lever position didn't suit me and found it was easy to revolve the assembly on the handlebar without releasing the securing bolt. I adjusted it to suit and tightened the clamp. However, it is still possible to shift the whole assembly without much pressure. After fitting the touring screen and discovering a clash on full LH lock, a small tweak makes a difference to the contact with the screen. Also if you slacken the bar end bolt the outer end of the handguard can be altered to suit, (by twisting the handguard slightly) . The throttle side has not needed to be altered for me and is a better clamp than the clutch so does not move and remains secure. The mounting position for the handguards is different side to side due to the Brake Master Cylinder on the throttle assembly.