Seat and Screen options

ib1-2

Reaction score
I would appreciate any information from people who have changed the standard screen and or seat. Have been looking at a number of options but would like some feedback from people who have fitted these. Thanks in advance.

Birdy

Reaction score
Had my tracer just over a week now. Previous owner fitted a ginormous puig screen, i almost have to look through the bloody thing! Does keep the wind off mind, not tried a standard screen tho...

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I have a sargent rider only seat which is ok, screens are a different matter. I have fitted a Palmer products screen mount but still to get the screen itself

Shaun64

Reaction score
Regards the seat if you are finding it uncomfortable I would say give it time as I found mine hard for the first 500 mile but since then it's very good,the standard screen is crap at first I tried a puig touring screen which was too big for me as it was in my eye line,I replaced it with a zero gravity d/b screen which doesn't work as good as the puig touring screen but it's not in my eye line it looks much better and it offers good protection I am 5ft 8'.

El Bandito

Reaction score
Well l just got my new Tracer today and put 100 miles on it with no issues for my backside. The seat on my old MT07 was hard to start with but broke in nicely after about 6 months. The one on the Tracer feels the same from new as my old MT07 one so I'd say it's pretty comfortable.
The screen is a different matter though. I knew it was horrendous from the test ride I had but thought I might find a seat/screen height that might make it better - no chance! No combination got rid of the noise. The best I found for my 5' 10" was both the seat and screen on their lowest settings. Still need to use earplugs until I decide which after market one to get.
I did play about with my hand to feel where the noise comes from and it appears to be right off the top of the screen. I think a vario option might be best......

paulb3375

Reaction score
I find the standard screen terrible, loads of buffeting and dust in my eyes with the helmet flipped. I just bought a Slipscreens DB screen, bargain at £40 inc. delivery, will post my thoughts when it arrives.

As for the seat, don't be in a rush to change it. I honestly don't mind it, find it comfortable even, but it depends what you're used to I suppose. Off the shelf replacements are just so expensive and the results are so subjective. It might be worth searching out a trimmer locally who can do something custom for you if it starts to be a problem.

ib1-2

Reaction score
Was considering the Sargent seat as it's slightly wider. Not that i have a fat arse. Interested in your opinion when you get the screen. I'm trying to reduce wind noise as the gopro on the helmet picks it up a lot.

Kiwirider

Reaction score
I have bitten the bullet and fitted a Givi touring screen which I find much better as the standard screen is a joke and I am used to having a reasonable level of protection from the wind (I don't commute - only longer touring rides). I have also sprung for the Yamaha "comfort" seat which is better than stock but I am really still running it in but so far it seems like it will do the job. Frankly, I would have a competent motor trimmer deal to the seat but ensure that you get someone who is experienced with motorcycle seats. I have a local guy here who does an excellent job and understands what it takes to make a comfy seat as he is a motorcyclist himself. Not cheap exactly but like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.