Seat MOD on my MT09 Tracer 2015

wales2wheeler

Reaction score
I have a genuine Yamaha comfort seat but it never, for want of a better phrase, broke in. My wife took my cover apart on one side of the original stock seat and inserted the gel pads from a pair of cycling shorts. When we opened one side (which was all that was necessary to insert the pad) guess what fell out. A scorpion tail!!!!!! I looked it up online and it appears to be from the Japanese Golden Scorpion. The seat is now LOTS more comfortable as the pads were placed as far to the back of the seat as possible, this is where I was feeling the pressure and the original is way too thin just where I personally needed it. Cost £5.99.. time taken <10 minutes tools req. decent staple gun and something to remove the original staples, which in my case was a pair long nose pliers.

woodie100

Reaction score
Must have felt like you were riding with a tight thong on!! :eek::eek:!!
I also have the Yamaha comfort seat fitted (never had the OE seat) but it ain’t that comfy!! The pillion seat is waaaay more comfortable to sit on but I can’t reach the bars safely on that one! I wonder if they have forgotten to put the gel in the front riders seat??? 🤔 🤔

Greenman41

Reaction score
Glad your mod worked. I’ve tried wearing cycling shorts, and a pair of undershorts supposedly designed specifically for motorbikes and neither worked. It’s kind of strange but I can be out cycling for 4hrs and not get a sore arse, whereas 2hrs is enough on the Tracer. Maybe I should graft a cycle seat onto the Tracer??

Wynner

Reaction score
I've got a Sargent seat but unfortunately no Tracer any more if anyone's interested?