seat options to stay sane

Val

Reaction score
Original seat grates on my nerves. I am sliding all the time.

You slide because there is a dip. Makes it easier to get your foots flat. Now I am 6 feet tall and don't need that.

Apparently there is street/sport rally seat. Raises the seat height considerably and you can sit wherever you like without sliding forward. Completely eliminates the dip and it is cheaper then the so called Yamaha comfort seat, which still has slight dip to make it lower and costs £239. This one is flat and cost £110.

Part numbers:

1RC247C0-20-00
1RC-247C0-41-00
1RC-247C0-21-00

Hope that helps. I will be getting one soon :lol:

You can see 3 optional seat types here:

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/acce...comfort/flat-seat/1RC-247C0-41-00/details.acc

Chris71

Reaction score

You slide because there is a dip. Makes it easier to get your foots flat. Now I am 6 feet tall and don't need that.

Apparently there is street/sport rally seat. Raises the seat height considerably and you can sit wherever you like without sliding forward. Completely eliminates the dip and it is cheaper then the so called Yamaha comfort seat, which still has slight dip to make it lower and costs £239. This one is flat and cost £110.

Part numbers:

1RC247C0-20-00
1RC-247C0-41-00
1RC-247C0-21-00

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/acce...comfort/flat-seat/1RC-247C0-41-00/details.acc
I bought one a couple of months ago £106 from yamaha dealer,massive improvement over standard seat

gixer181

Reaction score
How much taller does it make it feel if that doesnt sound a stupid question.

nibor

Reaction score
2015 MT0-9 Abs.

Disappointed that the Yamaha comfort seat BS2-247CO-00-00 (@ £249 is only available for MT0-9 bikes of the following years 2016, 2017 & 2018 but not mine (2015).

nibor

donut

Reaction score

Part numbers:

1RC247C0-20-00
1RC-247C0-41-00
1RC-247C0-21-00

Flat Seat - 1RC-247C0-41-00 - Yamaha Motor UK
Only just seen your post so probably too late to help but if you haven't yet bought a new seat and you are in Bracknell (as your location states) you are quite welcome to try my Shad seat for size as I'm just down the road in Crowthorne.

nibor

Reaction score
donut

Just looked at the Shad Seats site and their replacement seat for the MT 0-9 and it's very expensive @ £255, but it looks a quality piece of kit. I just wonder how much more comfortable is it compared to the standard seat, so reluctant to spend that much money only to find there is negligible improvement in comfort.

A good point though to offset the high price is, the standard seat can always be put back on the bike and the Shad seat sold separately, if or when the bike is replaced.

donut

Reaction score
donut

Just looked at the Shad Seats site and their replacement seat for the MT 0-9 and it's very expensive @ £255, but it looks a quality piece of kit. I just wonder how much more comfortable is it compared to the standard seat, so reluctant to spend that much money only to find there is negligible improvement in comfort.

A good point though to offset the high price is, the standard seat can always be put back on the bike and the Shad seat sold separately, if or when the bike is replaced.

Can probably get the original seat re-upholstered for about half the cost of a Shad seat by someone like Sussex Motorcycles

Elite Comfort Seat Motorcycle Memory Foam Inserts at Sussexmotorcycles.com, better than gel pads for rider comfort.

nibor

Reaction score
Hi tuxracer

Just ordered the Shad seat that you suggested from Fast Bike Bits, it can only be an improvement over the standard seat that came with the bike.

Thanks for the details.
Nibor

tuxracer

Reaction score
Hi tuxracer

Just ordered the Shad seat that you suggested from Fast Bike Bits, it can only be an improvement over the standard seat that came with the bike.

Thanks for the details.
Nibor
No problem, hope it works for you. Here's a pic of mine with the Shad fitted

nibor

Reaction score
The SHAD seat arrived Friday and I fitted it to the bike yesterday, can't wait for the better weather to try it out..

Just sitting on the bike the seat feels like there is quite an extra thickness of padding (compared to the standard seat) and it feels a lot firmer, just hope it does the job and gives my 15 stone frame (and backside) a more comfortable ride.

Will let you know.

Nice looking bike tuxracer, mines the same year (2015) but in blazing orange and came with a free akrapovic exhaust, just wish it had better quality suspension though.

tuxracer

Reaction score
The SHAD seat arrived Friday and I fitted it to the bike yesterday, can't wait for the better weather to try it out..

Just sitting on the bike the seat feels like there is quite an extra thickness of padding (compared to the standard seat) and it feels a lot firmer, just hope it does the job and gives my 15 stone frame (and backside) a more comfortable ride.

Will let you know.

Nice looking bike tuxracer, mines the same year (2015) but in blazing orange and came with a free akrapovic exhaust, just wish it had better quality suspension though.
Thanks, I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks now. A nice set of adjustable levers and a suspension job next and it'll be done. The seat will make a fair difference to the comfort but a new shock is the only real cure. Think I'll go with Maxton or Nitron for mine.

thegoat

Reaction score
I had mine reshaped with memory foam. I bought a spare seat EBay. Very happy with it total cost including postage £110 much more comfort and no sliding forward.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bloggsy

Reaction score

Will let you know.

Did Santa come early ????

Pool Boy

Reaction score
I have a flat, Street Rally seat for sale on eBay - item number 203513159853
Good condition, £75 + carriage if required
2014 - 2017 models
Part number 1RC-247CO-20