Shark Helmet UK Customer Service?

RipGroove

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can contact someone in the UK about a new Shark helmet I bought?

I bought a Shark Carbon Spartan recently which has what I would say is a normal amount of wind noise on the left hand side but a lot of wind noise on the right hand side at anything over 25mph which seems to be coming from around the visor pivot point.

So I'm looking for someone in the UK I can contact about it or find a UK service center but after looking on the shark website there doesn't seem to be any UK service centers or even a point of contact?! It all seems to be in other countries.

There's not much point contacting the place I bought it (Amazon) as they'll just tell me to return it and I'd rather have it fixed.

The fact its only present on one side and starts at only 25mph leads me to believe that it can be fixed somehow.

Billyray911

Reaction score
Presume it’s a purchase fulfilled by Amazon or via Prime,so not via an outlet selling on the site...As Amazon are really good at returns and replacement,why don’t you just send it back and ask for a replacement?.Will be much easier than trying to get it fixed as they would have to assess the issue for themselves,first.
It will be free and easy to send it back too,so quick turnaround.
I’ve a couple of Shark lids and they aren’t the quietest,although it obviously sounds like something is faulty with yours.
Make sure you update the warranty to the five year cover too.I had an issue with a visor and they sent out a replacement really quickly.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yes it was sold by Amazon themselves, I actually did come to that conclusion and sent it back last Tuesday but the status just keeps saying they are waiting for the return to arrive, I have proof I sent it using their label free returns service so I'm talking to Amazon Live Chat right now actually trying to cancel the replacement completely as I've lost a bit of faith in Shark now to be honest, I 'll keep my old Shark S700 for when I feel commuting to work but I'm now thinking of getting something else for the weekends.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Don’t blame you to be honest.I’ve used helmet city before and they are really good.
There are some decent deals on there at the moment https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/
Thanks yeah I did actually go to my local Helmet city yesterday they don't have the one I'm after in stock to try on, I'm hoping to get to J&S and/or Megamotorcyclestore this week also.

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
If buying a helmet online, I would highly recommend sportsbikeshop - bought a few helmets from them and the service has always been first rate and they offer a returns service even if you simply don't like the fit (the visor sticker must remain on though), so at least you're not stuck with an ill fitting lid.

Not affiliated or anything, just have had good buying experiences. Amazon is great for a lot of things (I'm a Prime member) but would never buy a helmet through them. Too many dodgy suppliers on there using the marketplace to sell copies and refurbished items as new.

Also to anyone newer to biking I would recommend always going to a shop to physically try them on. I only started buying them online now I know which helmets fit my head shape (basically Shoei).

RipGroove

Reaction score
If buying a helmet online, I would highly recommend sportsbikeshop - bought a few helmets from them and the service has always been first rate and they offer a returns service even if you simply don't like the fit (the visor sticker must remain on though), so at least you're not stuck with an ill fitting lid.

Not affiliated or anything, just have had good buying experiences. Amazon is great for a lot of things (I'm a Prime member) but would never buy a helmet through them. Too many dodgy suppliers on there using the marketplace to sell copies and refurbished items as new.

Also to anyone newer to biking I would recommend always going to a shop to physically try them on. I only started buying them online now I know which helmets fit my head shape (basically Shoei).
Thanks yeah I use Sportsbikeshop a lot anyway but I'm actually heading to the Milton Keynes branch at the weekend to hopefully get a new helmet.

I always try motorcycle clothing on in a local store before buying from Amazon, I tried the Shark Spartan Carbon on locally first, it fit great but just had a leak around the visor that I couldn't get rid of.

JohnB

Reaction score
Ripgroove, if we all tried on in the local store and bought from Amazon there will be no more local stores left. Might I suggest you show the store manager the Amazon deal and ask how close they can price-match? If they can do nothing at all to match, then you have some justification for taking advantage of their bricks and mortar shop.

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Also the amount of fake items that go through Amazon these days, I wouldn't trust what I'd bought to be the real deal.

Samwise

Reaction score
Ripgroove, if we all tried on in the local store and bought from Amazon there will be no more local stores left. Might I suggest you show the store manager the Amazon deal and ask how close they can price-match? If they can do nothing at all to match, then you have some justification for taking advantage of their bricks and mortar shop.
Spot on.