Side stand

bullock

Reaction score
Thinking of fitting a set of lowering dog bones from lust racing think they lower suspension bout 10mm,,does the side stand work OK with the bike lower ie does bike leen over enough thanks

DTNZ

Reaction score
I had the back end lowered when I bought the bike new. Not sure if the links are Yamaha ones but they lowered the back by 15mm. I have the front dropped on the forks by 18mm.
I find that the side stand is fine, although I am conscious of the fact that it is a bit more upright. When I park on very level ground I do make sure that any wind that may develop is going to push the bike onto the side stand. I've had the bike since August 2016 with no mishaps so far (y)

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Hi guys... new 900GT owner (still got the MT09), i am only 5’4”, had the yam lowering links and low seat option, front forks dropped about 10mm, both feet aren't flat on the floor, but when stationary i can put one flat... with the lowering mods it feels about the same as my 09 with Shad seat...

The side stand has not been altered at all, the tilt angle looks ok...

Reactions: FJW

Toppie

Reaction score
I've just gone through the lowering exercise. Dropped front and rear by 18mm.
I can now totally 'flat-foot' with an ever-so-slight bend in the knee.
I'm getting on a bit now.....73 in a few weeks time and I feel a bit more at ease these days with a good firm footing.
The side stand was fine.
Downside was....I found it easier to remove/fit the lowering links by removing the exhaust.
And......I stripped an exhaust header stud.:oops:

Den

Reaction score
I've just gone through the lowering exercise. Dropped front and rear by 18mm.
I can now totally 'flat-foot' with an ever-so-slight bend in the knee.
I'm getting on a bit now.....73 in a few weeks time and I feel a bit more at ease these days with a good firm footing.
The side stand was fine.
Downside was....I found it easier to remove/fit the lowering links by removing the exhaust.
And......I stripped an exhaust header stud.:oops:
Same here Toppie. L
Had my dealer lower my Tracer approx. 18mm. No problem and didn't cost a fortune. Lowering made enough of a difference that I feel more comfortable when stopping and no issue with the side stand