sideways throttle slack fixed

george

Reaction score
Not sure if all mt09s are the same but mine had a lot of sideways movement. Bought a bag of various sized and thickness o rings from b&q from the plumbing dept. One of them was perfect. Rolled it over the throttle grip and stretched it over the flanged part. Making sure it sat between the rubber grip and the plastic washer. There is now virtually no free play and the throttle twists and returns freely. Sorted for a couple of quid. Really happy with it.

WyldeMT

Reaction score
Id say mine has a few mm of sideways movement, but so has most bikes I've had a go on.

Pics?

MadGelo

Reaction score
Afaik there supposed to be a little slack, to reduce gas movement due to bumps

loneranger

Reaction score
mines got a lot of movement also. I had a mt07 and it had virtually none. The 09 is a lot more. I will try th eo rings from BQ! assume you just cut and slid over george? what size was the rings?

CT/

Reaction score
Yeh the freeplay in the throttle seems to be way to sloppy, cheers for the info George :)

george

Reaction score
No don't cut it. Just force and stretch it over the grips fanged part. Then make sure it sits between the rubber grip and the plastic washer. Make sure the throttle snaps back shut. If not then a thinner o ring may be needed

george

Reaction score
The bag was assorted sizes so not sure of size used. I just measured and selected a suitable diameter

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
The bag was assorted sizes so not sure of size used. I just measured and selected a suitable diameter
Nice tip.... Can you slide the O ring down the gap first to make sure its not too tight... Then fit it properly over grip then flange..