Spark plug change

Bookerman

Reaction score
Hi all. Anybody changed the plugs on their bike themselves? Seems a bit of pain to do by taking the tank off method. However just seen some comments on a youtube video which questioned the amount of work involved when you can simply undo 2 radiator bolts, unplug the fan and hey presto the radiator drops down to expose the plugs.
The guy who did the original video commented and agreed this method is easier.
Dont want to get half way there and then regret it lol. So anyone carried out this change? The old fazer 600 was a doddle, didn’t need to remove anything to get to the plugs.
Thanks in advance guys.

fizzy

Reaction score
I haven't changed the plugs but I always have a look on the net or youtube for any hints and tips when carrying out any work I haven't done before

Bookerman

Reaction score
Well managed to get them done with the tank removal method. Wasn’t too bad in the end

Sven

Reaction score
What type of plugs do Yamaha fit? Are they standard or iridium/platinum?
My last bike had iridium plugs as standard but Suzuki service schedule said change them every 7500miles. A waste of time & money as iridium plugs are good for 30000+ miles!

stevecbr

Reaction score
They are not iridium. I had mine changed by my dealer at 18000 miles. They reckoned that as they are the same plugs as the FZ8, which are recommended to change at 18000 miles, there was no need to change at 12000. Bike now at nearly 28000 miles and no issues. Will swap them over again at 36000 miles