Standard exhaust mod... 2nd edition

Luke_Price

Reaction score
I have an akro titanium on my tracer.. but you can't include comparisons without the baffle. It's too bloody loud unless you are just a two hour on a weekend rider. I use mine nearly every day.
I ride a 250 mile commute every week + leisure rides without the Baffle. Tell your ear drums to man up ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Chamelion

Reaction score
I ride a 250 mile commute every week + leisure rides without the Baffle. Tell your ear drums to man up ;)

You can tell yours that when in 20 years I can still hear and you can't. :p

Luke_Price

Reaction score
I'm not that optimistic on my life expectancy ?

Wharfe

Reaction score
Hey ToastedBlue - still modding Tracer exhausts? You have a PM...

Wharfe

Reaction score
Well, no response from Mr ToastedBlue... so, I've been to my local stainless exhaust fabricator gadgey, shown him the youtube video from here and handed him an exhaust. When he gave it me back a few days ago, he said "small wonder that bloke hasn't got back to you. That was a B*st*rd of a job, I trashed two tungsten saw blades and nearly lost the will to live. No you may NOT tell the forum where you had it done - I never want to see an MT09 exhaust ever again!" Ohhh- Kayyyy, I think I'm understanding you....

All that aside, he's done a darn fine job, pretty well as per Mr TB's method, and I love it. Sounds fruitier than Carmen Miranda's hat. Fortunately my favoured MOT guy is of the "loud pipes save lives" school of thought. The ECU (reflashed a few months back) may, I am told, need a tweak but "run it a bit and see how it goes before we do anything to it" which makes sense as i really don't want to have to fish out the ECU and cart it 50 miles to South Yorkshire again if I can help it ...

Last edited:

kernow

Reaction score
Well, no response from Mr ToastedBlue... so, I've been to my local stainless exhaust fabricator gadgey, shown him the youtube video from here and handed him an exhaust. When he gave it me back a few days ago, he said "small wonder that bloke hasn't got back to you. That was a B*st*rd of a job, I trashed two tungsten saw blades and nearly lost the will to live. No you may NOT tell the forum where you had it done - I never want to see an MT09 exhaust ever again!" Ohhh- Kayyyy, I think I'm understanding you......
I can certainly sympathise with your fabricator it's not an easy job for anyone even with the skills and all the necessary tools and equipment, when I did mine last year I did mention this (see below), also when Yamaha put it together they certainly did it right....:eek:

https://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/fo...ns/4248-modified-standard-exhaust-system.html

P.S. I was asked if I would do another, but respectively declined....:eek:

Wharfe

Reaction score
No, I knew it wasn't a straightforward job, though certainly hadn't anticipated it would try the patience of a guy who builds stainless exhaust systems for a living! Fair play to you for doing the "cut down" yourself...

Mat Still

Reaction score
Toasted Blue.....guessing you are no longer doing this mod for the standard MT09?

ninjaef

Reaction score
No pictures appearing on Chrome browser. I get
"URL signature expired"