Sw France to Northern Costa Blanca trip

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Just back from a 10 day trip from were I live SW France to the Costa Blanca were I used to live. Why did I ever move away from Spain.
Anyway did my best to avoid the Toll roads and Motorways. Broke the run up down and back with an overnight stop in a cheap hostel **star used booking.com €25.00 basic but comfortable and clean. Decent enough bar /restaurant in Monreal del Campo about 100kms south of Zaragoza. Had a bit of a thirst on me so had 6 pints and a large whiskey to take to bed that and my menu del Dia € 24.00.
Had good dry and warm weather all the way down,. Great biking roads N 330 is a cracker s is the N284. Only day it rained was the Monday but seeing as I was having a day away from the bike with my mate did not bother me.
I had a couple of days getting re familiar again with the Bernia Mountains at the back of Benissa and Jalon valley. I love it up there and with the tourist not about one could misbehave.
Came back over the Pyrenees passing through Formigal and Panitcosa ski resorts again weather amazing. The only down side with the MT09 is the fuel tank size at 14 litres it is a pain as if you are giving it some you can be looking for a petrol station every 100 mils or so. This is my 3rd long haul tour in a year. Sw France to N Ireland last April, Sw France to N* Wales in September and this run. Not bad for an old fart at 68.DSCF1467.jpgDSCF1441.jpgDSCF1442.jpgDSCF1465.jpg

Shaun64

Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip Lew,sounds like a tracer would be a better bike for you lew.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
You maybe right Shaun but I do like the light weight of the 09 but suspect it will be a Tracer next time around when due to change. The Tracer is another 20 odd kgs .

Shaun64

Reaction score
The first thing I noticed on my tracer test ride was how light it felt to lift off the side stand and I had just stepped off a triumph Daytona 675 which are only around 180kg,I also had a Honda Transalp 700 which are around 225 kg which felt twice the weight,the tracer carry its 210 kg wet weight really well plus those wide bars help and easy to put on the main stand.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I must admit Shaun a main stand is a big bonus. I know you can get a main stand for the MT. I am probably looking at replacing the MT with a Tracer. I have not been on one yet. How does the riding position compare with the MT09.
I have mostly had 1 ltr bikes and my last one was the FZ1. I loved it, but because I have knackered knees sadly it had to go as the ride position had become unbearable due to the angle of my feet and knees on the pegs.
I was on the point of packing biking in but the comfortable seating and ride position on the MT09 gave me a real new lease of life.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I rode a mt09 when they first came out just to see how it compared to my street triple at the time I remember it being comfortable but I couldn't honestly compare it to my tracer as it's too long ago, I would say the tracer has loads of leg room for me at 5.8 I remember feeling I was nearly stood up straight on my test ride after jumping off my Daytona,I find for long days it's very comfortable and easy to live with I.e main stand for chain maintenance, top box that just clips off and with a d/b screen which stops the wind knocking fxxk out of you plus it's still a laugh.

Kasken

Reaction score
It seems you had the perfect trip! Congrats!