Swingarm boot guard kit

Timo50

Reaction score
Been looking at R&G's swing arm boot guard kit, is boots rubbing on the swing arm a problem on these bikes?

lee1980

Reaction score
I wouldnt imagine so unless got really big feet mine are tiny at a 7, but I have scratched up heel plates due to the metal hinge part on my Puma boots doh!

Also I think on first models the brake line rubbed on swingarm on my 2014 there is like a clear/black sticker under to protect swingarm paint from this.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
Differing riding styles can influence the amount of damage that gets transferred from the boot to the heel plates and I can see how it happens. I've only ever had one bike where I consistently scratched the bike with my foot action. Helicopter tape sorted that. Getting your boot close to the swingarm doesn't sound too good to me, it maybe the pillions foot it offers protection from. Whatever, that's strong money for a bit of sticky rubber. You'd be better off buying a universal pack from TechSpec ... cut it to shape and use it all over the place. It's strong stuff and there's plenty of it. I use it all the time ... it's on everything from bikes, guns n trucks. The fact that you can heat it and peel it off means that it's re useable multiple times (just don't get shit under it as it will contaminate the adhesive).